LP13: New Improved and now Fisher-free!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never thought I'd say this, but there are a lot of people around here very upset today that U-2 actually did record a video last Sunday in Dublin.

To those people, sorry. Try to not have too much of a sad. :(

Why would anyone around here be upset? This is GREAT news and the most encouraging news in a long time. If nothing else, this means a single is coming not this year but this month(September). I would guess as early as next week and at the latest 9/23(most probable date being 9/9 due to the likely tie in with Apple).

We are no more than 3 weeks away from a new U2 song AND video!

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Why would anyone around here be upset? This is GREAT news and the most encouraging news in a long time. If nothing else, this means a single is coming not this year but this month(September). I would guess as early as next week and at the latest 9/23(most probable date being 9/9 due to the likely tie in with Apple).

We are no more than 3 weeks away from a new U2 song AND video!

I think that Nick is implying that us preachers of despair will be disappointed if our despair is unfounded, and especially that critics of Fisher will be disappointed if Fisher was right.

Personally, I'll be thrilled if my despair is for naught and Fisher was right.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If I was Bono, I'd hate my "fans" :sexywink: I'm trying to convince myself this is the ultimate U2 fanboi forum...

I think that Nick is implying that us preachers of despair will be disappointed if our despair is unfounded, and especially that critics of Fisher will be disappointed if Fisher was right.

:up:

I think the people like you who have just generally been pessimistic about whether this record will ever come out (count me among them) will be thrilled by this news, as I am.

It's just the people who said they'd rather Fisher be wrong than know the band actually did make a video who are upset. They won't ever admit they were wrong, but don't worry, they'll come along. It's happening. :)

Never thought I'd say this, but there are a lot of people around here very upset today that U-2 actually did record a video last Sunday in Dublin.

To those people, sorry. Try to not have too much of a sad. :(

I'm not upset or sad. I'm happy I was wrong. I guess the tip-off should've
been that Edge look-alike. :wave:

Of course everyone is happy that U2 may actually have shot a video and to suggest otherwise displays ludicrous levels of reading comprehension failure. As for fraudulent idiots from other sites, truly noone gives a shit, because being "right" about something doesn't make them any less of a fraudulent idiot.

In other words, alot of hot air and ado about nothing.

I suppose some people need to manufacture drama for themselves even if there is none :lmao:

Sent from my ass crack

I think the people like you who have just generally been pessimistic about whether this record will ever come out (count me among them) will be thrilled by this news, as I am.

It's just the people who said they'd rather Fisher be wrong than know the band actually did make a video who are upset. Don't worry, they'll come along. It's happening. :)

To be honest, though, I am still skeptical about Fisher's credibility and about the Sunday Times report. But the ST report is better than nothing, I guess.

We are far beyond 'worst case scenario'. The expectations are so unbelievable high. Many will be disappointed.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using U2 Interference mobile app

I think we should all remember the instructions in the thread title.

Even if U2 doesn't have a tie-in with apple, I'd think we'll be hearing soming from them in the next couple weeks..... even if it's another dissappointment.

To be honest, though, I am still skeptical about Fisher's credibility and about the Sunday Times report. But the ST report is better than nothing, I guess.

I don't think there's anything wrong w/being skeptical. I've been pretty skeptical about most of the information that's come out about this record. I have no problem with scepticism...it was just the weirdly personal attacks on Fisher (I know you weren't part of this) and the odd hatred shown to the guy that bothered me.

That said, The Sunday Times is pretty reliable. This isn't some internet site reporting second hand information.

Please share with us this evidence.

Not hearsay and speculation. Evidence.

- Julian Lennon saying U2 is filming an Apple ad
- Apple building the biggest stage ever for their launch ("a stage for a rock band")
- 10 year anniversary of U2 iPod
- last date of iTunes festival stlll TBA
- nothing official from U2
- Edge's cousing saying U2 is "recording in California next month"
- Bono actually being in California at the moment
- Terry with them now

- my guy.. gut feeling

Easy tiger

you started another thread while the other was still running and < 1000 posts

your thread was locked, as a result

Not to mention that even if they could have noticed that you were trying to create the new album thread, you didn't really title it appropriately ie follow the accepted naming convention

timing is everything :wink:

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

Got it. I leave the Fisher talk to the grown ups :)

I have read comments about the Fisher fellow(or girl per the @u2 forums) since last winter when the "band is broke" comments came out. I also followed the craziness that ensued last weekend with ppl going into the @U2 forum and calling Fisher out.

Personally, I would think its great if "we " had someone who was more in the know than the average fan. If this Fisher person is a fraud, then so be it, I would just ignore them and if they are real...well cool!

With all that said, this Fisher fellow seems to generate a great deal of anger/passion from folks around here and I dont come here for that stuff(I can go on CNN.com and read those comment sections if I want that..lol).

Anyway, Fisher or not, we are most likely getting a single within 3 weeks and THAT should make people very happy!

So U2, the biggest band of the last 35 years, the artist that became bigger than Michael Jackson at some pont, that stayed relevant longer than Madonna, the highest grossing tour artist(for a single tour) of all time, the biggest live act in the world, need Apple to endorse their eagerly waited new album to be, or to have a chance to be, successful. Now we see the state of things today. When an artist like Beyoncé, a singer that looks more like a prostitute shaking her ass, being the hottest thing in music today, whats the point to be mainstream?

By the way, my thread was closed because I didn't put "LP 13" in the beginning of the title(which I confess I didn't know) and was opened five replies before the other one go to a thousand???????
I'm sure it would be pretty easy to correct the tittle and wait for the other thread to close to start posting in mine. Or maybe because my profile says "Brazil"? Who knows...

So U2, the biggest band of the last 35 years, the artist that became bigger than Michael Jackson at some pont, that stayed relevant longer than Madonna, the highest grossing tour artist(for a single tour) of all time, the biggest live act in the world, need Apple to endorse their eagerly waited new album to be, or to have a chance to be, successful. Now we see the state of thing today. When an artist like Beyoncé, a singer that looks more like a prostitute shaking her ass, being the hottest
thing today, whats the point to be mainstream?

By the way, my thread was closed because I didn't put LP 13 in the beginning of the title(which I confess I didn't know) and was opened five replies before the other one go to a thousand???????
I'm sure it would be pretty easy to correct the tittle and wait for the other thread to close to start posting in mine. Or maybe because my profile says "Brazil"? Who knows...

If you play nice we'll let you start the next one. :wink:

By the way, my thread was closed because I didn't put LP 13 in the beginning of the title(which I confess I didn't know) and was opened five replies before the other one go to a thousand???????

Really?

- Julian Lennon saying U2 is filming an Apple ad Hearsay
- Apple building the biggest stage ever for their launch ("a stage for a rock band") Speculation
- 10 year anniversary of U2 iPod Speculation
- last date of iTunes festival stlll TBA Speculation
- nothing official from U2 Typical
- Edge's cousing saying U2 is "recording in California next month" Hearsay
- Bono actually being in California at the moment He's been in every corner of Eurpoe and N. America the last month
- Terry with them now We don't know he's actually with U2 yet

- my guy.. gut feelingReal Evidence

I think we should all remember the instructions in the thread title.

Wise words.

I think it's high time we leave the needless drama surrounding Fisher behind, and stop trying to make or prove points (and get in subtle little personal digs while doing so) about who was right/wrong, harsh/personal, skeptical/pessimistic, etc etc ad nauseum.

Let it go and move on, folks.

So U2, the biggest band of the last 35 years, the artist that became bigger than Michael Jackson at some pont, that stayed relevant longer than Madonna, the highest grossing tour artist(for a single tour) of all time, the biggest live act in the world, need Apple to endorse their eagerly waited new album to be, or to have a chance to be, successful. Now we see the state of thing today. When an artist like Beyoncé, a singer that looks more like a prostitute shaking her ass, being the hottest
thing today, whats the point to be mainstream?

Because U2 have a very distorted idea of relevancy.

By the way, my thread was closed because I didn't put "LP 13" in the beginning of the title(which I confess I didn't know) and was opened five replies before the other one go to a thousand???????

Ease off the persecution complex and have fun. It wasn't a personal decision by the Mods.

So U2, the biggest band of the last 35 years, the artist that became bigger than Michael Jackson at some pont, that stayed relevant longer than Madonna, the highest grossing tour artist(for a single tour) of all time, the biggest live act in the world, need Apple to endorse their eagerly waited new album to be, or to have a chance to be, successful. Now we see the state of things today. When an artist like Beyoncé, a singer that looks more like a prostitute shaking her ass, being the hottest thing in music today, whats the point to be mainstream?

Yes, U2 being the world's most profitable band (company) needs the world's most profitable brand (IT company) to make it a win/win (I hate that expression!)

I also followed the craziness that ensued last weekend with ppl going into the @U2 forum and calling Fisher out.

That was they thought he was wrong. Now that he's right, they don't want to hear about that guy from the other thread.

Sadly, we did have people who would rather Fisher be wrong than have U2 record a new video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase
Lots of folks still claiming it's nothing more than a Guinness commercial being filmed.

Oh how I hope it is just that, as Fisher's pushed his douchey, lying chips all in on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikal
This is exactly the reason I hope it's not U2 as well.

Now imagine this...

Personally, I would think its great if "we " had someone who was more in the know than the average fan. If this Fisher person is a fraud, then so be it, I would just ignore them and if they are real...well cool!

:up: An incredibly healthy attitude!

EDIT: Just say your post Diemen. Fair enough. Though I do find the timing of the "let's not talk about Fisher rule" interesting. I hope that also means "let's not throw personal attacks at the guy on the other thread" also.

Not to nitpick, but if you look at the posting times, you started your thread when the LP13 thread had about 915 posts- not five away, and a bit too early to start another one.

Back
Top Bottom