LP13 - Just Give Us Some F*&king News...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I listened to it again very closely and loud on earphones. It's definitely a Danger Mouse track. It sounds like Broken Bells a bit, but also has an Oriental vibe about it, you can hear it most clearly in the end. Sounds interesting, but it's impossible to make a judgment with such a bad sound quality.

I'll have a crack at cleaning it up later. Won't be able to until tonight. Without headphones, all I can discern is falsetto, broken bells type vocal syncopation, and as last unicorn described what is a strangely oriental feel. Interesting is all I can say

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Painful listen, commenting on all the freaking background noise purely, interesting, guessing the finished version will sound totally different since we like to fill in the gaps with our imagination when we get clips like these.

Just real quick messed with the equalizer on iTunes and from 2:00 on I can actually hear REALLY well. There's got to be a chick on this song, though, or that's the best falsetto I've ever heard.

y'all realize that the soundcloud clip is only half as long as the mp3 floating around, right?

y'all realize that the soundcloud clip is only half as long as the mp3 floating around, right?

I noticed that, but the MP3 has about two minutes of people talking to the point that you can't hear the music in the background, so perhaps the version uploaded was kindly edited to not waste time? I've been listening to the MP3 so I don't know.

I also thought I heard a woman sing, I don't think it's Edge or Bono's falsetto, sounds like a female voice indeed. I wonder who this could be :hmm:

I noticed that, but the MP3 has about two minutes of people talking to the point that you can't hear the music in the background, so perhaps the version uploaded was kindly edited to not waste time? I've been listening to the MP3 so I don't know.

yep... you're not missing much in the 5 minute version.. though there is obviously a bit more to (not) hear.

I also thought I heard a woman sing, I don't think it's Edge or Bono's falsetto, sounds like a female voice indeed. I wonder who this could be :hmm:

could be Angel Deradoorian, who sang backing vocals on Ordinary Love. she used to be in Dirty Projectors

You guys, I have a confession. I've been hiding it for months, and have been disguising my anxiety over the secret with silly gifs.

That woman you hear singing on the track?

:shifty:

It's me.

You guys, I have a confession. I've been hiding it for months, and have been disguising my anxiety over the secret with silly gifs.

That woman you hear singing on the track?

:shifty:

It's me.

Wait, you're Rihanna?

riri_zps9700e0bf.gif

after about 8 listens, I can confirm the song has one catchy hook. much catchier than Invisible.

my money's on this being the first single

It would be pretty ballsy of them to have this as the lead single. I mean, from what I can make out of it.

The beach clip cuts out the part where Avicii and Justin Bieber come in. The kids'll love it.

If someone could pm me the clip mp3 - I could fiddle with the noise and clean it up a bit - I'm the one who cleaned up the hangar clips and the last lot f beach clips

So things that you can tell from this clip
--it sounds like a danger mouse produced track
--it's mid tempo
--it's u2
--there is a falsetto sung by someone, maybe bono, maybe the edge, maybe a yet unknown female

Things you can't tell from this clip
--it's "epicness"
--if it's good, bad or in between
--it's single worthyness
--what bono is eating

So things that you can tell from this clip
--it sounds like a danger mouse produced track
--it's mid tempo
--it's u2
--there is a falsetto sung by someone, maybe bono, maybe the edge, maybe a yet unknown female

Things you can't tell from this clip
--it's "epicness"
--if it's good, bad or in between
--it's single worthyness
--what bono is eating

And without having heard it, I can guess a fair amount of...pareidolia, for lack of a better term, where people attribute the literal atmosphere of the beach where it's being recorded to the actual recording itself and then wonder what happened to the atmospherics when the actual recording comes out.

"Magnificent sounded so much better as a beach clip!"

Yet it was the exact same as the album version...only imagined 'atmosphere!'

That said, the song structure of the Breathe beach clip was literally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom