LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re the two album debate - not that I think for a second this will happen, it is U2 after all, but it is entirely possible, and even plausible give the information we have that the intention is to release 2 albums in the near future.

To support the theory, I think the following could be true:

- The first album is finished. It's done. Dangermouse has moved on to Broken Bells, and as we saw in the quote, the FIRST record is entirely him.

- U2 have made numerous statements with previous albums regarding how quickly they want to put music out after an album comes out. The problem is they are always only half finished with certain material, and with touring, they have no time to finish it, nor a desire to. I believe that the recording they are doing now could be to finish off the second album. Edge producing, or possible others, an album of the best songs form all the other sessions over the last 5 years - SOA, club album, any other leftovers etc.

- Any reference to the album not being completed has been mostly in terms of 'we are still recording' or 'we plan to finish soon'. Could easily be applied to the body of work they are working on, not just the DM album.

- Larry's comments hold more weight than any other band members when it comes to intent. Sure they missed September, but if in 2012 they were thinking of two releases, hey may have come to the conclusion in that time that they need BOTH releases done, or they will never get to the second one.

The reason they haven't released yet, or won't be using the Superb Owl platform is that they don't want to jump in until the second one is done.

As a release schedule, the following could easily be true:

- June 2014, Album 1 released
- August to October 2014, USA Arena Tour
- November 2014 to January/February (with break for Xmas) 2015, Europe Arena Tour
- February 2015, Album 2 released
- March 2015 to May 2015, Stadium tour USA
- July to September 2015, Europe Stadiums
- November to December 2015, Asia-Pacific Stadiums
- January to March 2016, ROW Stadiums

Happy Irish Spring, mofos!

limerick-flood-016-2-630x394.jpg

cam_1.jpg

jpgwebcam.jpg

camera2.jpg

:lol:

My hood

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1391292725.250457.jpg

:sad: #pleasenomorefuckingsnow

Re the two album debate - not that I think for a second this will happen, it is U2 after all, but it is entirely possible, and even plausible give the information we have that the intention is to release 2 albums in the near future.

To support the theory, I think the following could be true:

- The first album is finished. It's done. Dangermouse has moved on to Broken Bells, and as we saw in the quote, the FIRST record is entirely him.

- U2 have made numerous statements with previous albums regarding how quickly they want to put music out after an album comes out. The problem is they are always only half finished with certain material, and with touring, they have no time to finish it, nor a desire to. I believe that the recording they are doing now could be to finish off the second album. Edge producing, or possible others, an album of the best songs form all the other sessions over the last 5 years - SOA, club album, any other leftovers etc.

- Any reference to the album not being completed has been mostly in terms of 'we are still recording' or 'we plan to finish soon'. Could easily be applied to the body of work they are working on, not just the DM album.

- Larry's comments hold more weight than any other band members when it comes to intent. Sure they missed September, but if in 2012 they were thinking of two releases, hey may have come to the conclusion in that time that they need BOTH releases done, or they will never get to the second one.

The reason they haven't released yet, or won't be using the Superb Owl platform is that they don't want to jump in until the second one is done.

As a release schedule, the following could easily be true:

- June 2014, Album 1 released
- August to October 2014, USA Arena Tour
- November 2014 to January/February (with break for Xmas) 2015, Europe Arena Tour
- February 2015, Album 2 released
- March 2015 to May 2015, Stadium tour USA
- July to September 2015, Europe Stadiums
- November to December 2015, Asia-Pacific Stadiums
- January to March 2016, ROW Stadiums

This would be awesome. I wish that there were a chance it would happen.

This would be awesome. I wish that there were a chance it would happen.

I suppose the other thing to add is that we know they have lots of material form the other sessions. As much as fans wouldnt want to hear it, they do have Mercy, North Star, EBW etc...

Reminder: The following U.S. radio stations will be premiering Invisible @ Noon EST tomorrow:

97.1 FM Minneapolis, MN
105.7 FM Atlanta, GA
103.7 WNNJ Sussex County, NJ
96.3 WROV Roanoke, Virginia

360 was the tour that really begged for a second release after it wasn't designed with NLOTH in mind, we were given promises of a second album from 2009 on and the tour got delayed into a 3rd year and turned into an admittedly fun Achtung Baby retrospective.

Let's just get a single album release date before we get ahead of ourselves.

Reminder: The following U.S. radio stations will be premiering Invisible @ Noon EST tomorrow:

97.1 FM Minneapolis, MN
105.7 FM Atlanta, GA

We know this how? I thought we heard they'd be RECEIVING it then, and nothing else.

97.1 FM Minneapolis, MN

105.7 FM Atlanta, GA

They will be? Nice.

LOL at those leaving the room because the last album they liked was AB - they're the most.

97.1 FM Minneapolis, MN

105.7 FM Atlanta, GA

That's a rather interesting list of cities. :hmm:

Really? 6 hours before iTunes?

12pm EST is when the song will be digitally delivered to radio stations, as confirmed by a press release sent to me by a radio station's music director. Up until now, though, I don't think that we had confirmation of any stations that would play it immediately.

12pm EST is when the song will be digitally delivered to radio stations, as confirmed by a press release sent to me by a radio station's music director. Up until now, though, I don't think that we had confirmation of any stations that would play it immediately.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday - thanks for the info BTW!

Back
Top Bottom