LP13/Invisible. The Hope! The Trauma. Who's lying next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nothing wrong with "a little different".

This can't indicate that there's been a leak somewhere, can it?

'A little different' is a good sign.

There I go overanalysing comments again.

I'm getting that "kid-at-Christmas" feeling. :hyper:

Something tells me I'm gonna have a hard time sleeping tonight. :lol:

It's "Scout Sunday" at my church tomorrow; taking Lil CK to 930am Mass along with the rest of his Pack. Needless to say I am putting exactly $3.60 in the collection plate and all my prayers will be for a great song and new album. I figure it can't hurt! :lol::lol:

8b87b86e3d67226d13f6e8831aa758b6b3534a617dcb0733986b83b0645b3a23.jpg

"Pretty good" is also a good sign. None of this amazing, epic, anthemic, on fire shit. I'll take a little subtlety.

Get the feeling that a leak is imminent though. I know it is a charity single, but it's not as if they lose money if it leaks... I mean, the kind of people scouring for a leak will mostly download it off iTunes anyway, especially as it is free.

It's 12:00pm here - I'd be surprised if I go to bed tonight and I haven't heard it yet.

What I want from any new U2 song is a sense of adventure or mystery. I think because they started out not being polished musicians they had this in their music.

Now that they've become better at song writing, they've lost some of that magic. They've written some very good songs over their 2000's era, very polished.

Myself, I don't want polished. I want different.

I actually think ordinary love has some of that. Almost a Gloria feel. Would love for them to keep pushing further.

What I want from any new U2 song is a sense of adventure or mystery. I think because they started out not being polished musicians they had this in their music.

Now that they've become better at song writing, they've lost some of that magic. They've written some very good songs over their 2000's era, very polished.

Myself, I don't want polished. I want different.

I actually think ordinary love has some of that. Almost a Gloria feel. Would love for them to keep pushing further.

Bono has often said that for U2 to put out a new album, there has to be a good reason... To that end, a good reason NOT to is that they keep exploring the same 2000s ground that they have done to death. The reason to is that they can still be creative, adventurous and surprising. I am hopeful.

Listening to the Hangar Clip 02 after the guitar solo bit, at 1:00 - clearly can hear "There is no them, there is no them, there's only us, only us" and repeated. Sounds like loud crowd noise in it too. Fuck I am excited!

Seems like I"ll skip my lazy Sunday and get up very early tomorrow to deal with online radio stations =)

And yes, that "pretty good" from above got me really enthusiastic as well. It's not some vague stuff. It's just that: pretty good.

Ok, I am going to try lining up the hangar clip with the lady talking, and the one with the planes - simply because one is bass heavy, the other treble heavy, and we may make a much more listenable clip if I can line up the audio properly. Only thing is it doubles the ambient noise too.

Ok, so I've been online for 4 hours this morning... LEAAAAKK!!!

My day has basically consisted of:

- Write three lines of code
- Compile
- Grab iPhone, check Inteference
- Test Code
- Grab iPhone, check Interference
- Repeat

It's 2am here. I'm going to sleep now, and I wish you all a good day/evening - hopefully it will leak in the next few hours, so everyone can get their long overdue fix.

I personally can't wait for tomorrow. I've replayed that stupid Youtube video way too many times now.

My day has basically consisted of:

- Write three lines of code
- Compile
- Grab iPhone, check Inteference
- Test Code
- Grab iPhone, check Interference
- Repeat

:lol: I was reading this thread while doing my weekly shopping at Target. Using my shitty web browser on my phone because the Interference app no longer works for me thanks to the update. :doh:

Posting to this thread on that browser required a full stop in the middle of the damn aisles to be able to manage it! :lol:

Oh, the things I do for this band.... :heart:

This thread serves as a reminder of, now matter how cyclical we get, how easily we are all able to fall into fangirl/fanboy mode, given the right circumstances.

Ok, I am going to try lining up the hangar clip with the lady talking, and the one with the planes - simply because one is bass heavy, the other treble heavy, and we may make a much more listenable clip if I can line up the audio properly. Only thing is it doubles the ambient noise too.

That's pointless. It's out tomorrow at the latest. :lol:

It's 8:30pm here in Jersey. I'm exhausted and hope to be asleep early so tomorrow comes quicker. I'm hoping we get a leak by 9:00am. Happy Sunday to all!

Back
Top Bottom