LP13 Discussion - Rumor Has It: Sirens, iTunes Festival, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prbiker15

Blue Crack Addict
Out of nowhere, the rumor mill has gone into full force!

- Our favorite tabloid, 'The Sun', reported that the comeback is on for this year. The band are 'very confident' and feel like the wait has been worth it. They also report that the album will be released this year, most likely in November.
- They speculate that the band might be playing the iTunes Festival at London's Roundhouse in September, following the release of the first single.
U2 reportedly set to release new album 'before the end of the year' | News | NME.COM
Universal Music Colombia: U2's 'Sirens' Album Ready in September

- Universal Music Colombia tweeted out on July 24th that the name of the album will be called 'Sirens' and will be ready by September.
- U2Valencia has speculated that the single will be called 'Siren' (without the s).
El primer single y posible nombre del disco de U2: Siren o Sirens - U2Valencia.com - U2 Fan Club - U2Spain.com

Let the speculating, discussing and bitching continue! Your daily dose of U2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKwxO2n4i30

also,
U2Valencia have been dropping hints about Sirens since early July, including a tweet from July 5, and this FB cover photo.. which is apparently an illustration of a siren's circuit board

10277071_685967288107522_1683527827245504204_n.png

last time i heard Sirens i had just woke up in the back alley of someplace awful liquored up and wearing only womens under garments.

Im not sure who they belonged to or what the big deal was all about. Sirens.

also,
U2Valencia have been dropping hints about Sirens since early July, including a tweet from July 5, and this FB cover photo.. which is apparently an illustration of a siren's circuit board

10277071_685967288107522_1683527827245504204_n.png
That picture was posted back in May, per the comments. :hmm:

I was just reading the Odyssey. :lol:

If the album is Sirens then those who complain about titles like "All that you can't leave behind including dismantling an atomic bomb on the horizon" will be happy.

Chris Broussard is 70% sure that U2Valencia is trolling the U2 fan base in a big way right now.

If there's any legitimacy to this at all, then apparently an insider source is working with U2Valencia to leak out information. Otherwise, why would U2Valencia be so coy about it? Wouldn't they rather just scoop all the other U2 sites and scream "WE HAVE JUST LEARNED THAT THE NEW U2 ALBUM AND/OR SINGLE IS SIREN!!!!!"

as this is a new thread, it's worth reposting artdirector's scoop too.

So here's some news...and Im not one to post unless its credible. The album will be released this year. Late October early november. Official single to come out late september/early october. The tour will be announced in December with the first date sometime in March/April. The band are looking to release a high paced single to kick off the album.

This comes from the same friend who had given me news for the last 14 years starting with ATYCLB and HTDAAB. He works at universal music in L.A. Things may change but thats what the band have agreed to. Now he did say he believes the band have struggled with this album because Paul McGuinness has not been actively involved with their day to day studio work. Looks like they need their 5 member more than ever. Thats what I know.

Man...I ain't even going to get excited about this shit anymore. The news sites are getting really bad about just reporting whatever the fuck they read on the Internet, at least with this band.

Cautiously optimistic. You would think pretty soon the band will have to at least address the rumors since outlets are picking up on it left and right.

Why should they when it's probably a lot more fun to keep reading all of these insane stories about yourself?

Has someone bought U2siren(s).com yet?

u2sirens.com is taken, u2siren.com is available.

EDIT: It was purchased this morning by someone in Spain, so, in all likelihood, it was just scooped up by someone who read the "news".

Because if they do intend on releasing in 2015 it would be a pr nightmare for the band (pushing it back again) and particularly Bono (the alleged writers block).

Cautiously optimistic. You would think pretty soon the band will have to at least address the rumors since outlets are picking up on it left and right.

I don't think they are going to address anything. They're going to have us speculate until we're fed up with the lack of official news.

These threads are comedy gold. :cute:

We all turn into blabbering idiots (more than usual).

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

More likely Sirens (or Siren) is the album title, given Pearl Jam had a (great) song with that title...

the sirens are wailing but it's me that wants to get away

I went ahead and edited it to make that entry more clear but you beat me to it.

AZ is GoDaddy's location. U2sirens was purchased by someone in Spain this morning, so in all likelihood, it was just another person who read the news article this morning and decided to snatch it up.

Well all of the talk this week has to mean something is coming soon.

Will continue to wait for official news.

Sent from my HTC One using U2 Interference mobile app

I went ahead and edited it to make that entry more clear but you beat me to it.

AZ is GoDaddy's location. U2sirens was purchased by someone in Spain this morning, so in all likelihood, it was just another person who read the news article this morning and decided to snatch it up.
Most likely.

Ordinary Love is an Ordinary Love rewrite.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You're right...bands never reuse song titles from other musicians...

Runaway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Siren", by Tori Amos on the soundtrack of the 1998 film Great Expectations
"Siren", by Theater of Tragedy on the 1998 album Aégis
"Siren" (Malcolm Lincoln song)
"Siren" (Asian Kung-Fu Generation song), 2004
"Siren" (Ruby Gloom song), 2008
"Siren Song", by Bat for Lashes on the album Two Suns
"Siren Song", by Erasure, featured on the album Chorus
"Sirens" (Jeff Lynne song), 1990
"Sirens" (Dizzie Rascal song), 2007
"Sirens" (Pearl Jam song), 2013
"Sirens" (Cher Lloyd song), for her album Sorry I'm Late
"Sirens", by Angels & Airwaves on the 2007 album I-Empire
"Sirens", the title track of the album Sirens by Savatage
"Sirens", by The String Cheese Incident on the album Untying the Not
"The Siren" (song), by Nightwish
"The Siren", a song on the album A Violent Emotion by Aesthetic Perfection
"Sirens", 2012 song by Nell Bryden, later covered by Cher for the album Closer to the Truth
"The Siren", by Graveyard on the 2011 album Hisingen Blues
Song to the Siren, a song by Tim Buckley, covered by many musicians, including George Michael, This Mortal Coil, John Frusciante and Half Man Half Biscuit
Siren - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It shouldn't be controversial at all.

Back
Top Bottom