LP13 Discussion - Rumor Has It: Sirens, iTunes Festival, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
End of july now, that means one or two months for an album release. That won't happen. End of october earliest. Or it would be a surprise release.....

He said the album won't be "ready". The album could be ready right now for all we know.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

After everything that's happened, wouldn't it be just great if we actually got a double album?

I must admit im not a massive fan of double albums. I remember the chillis doing it a few years back. To me its to much new music to digest. If they had two albums id prefer it if they released one now then another while their on tour

The album could be ready for a surprise release in September, and that's why this thing is "a big mess".

It's sounding more and more plausible that Universal Colombia/Argentina/Whatever screwed up and let legitimate information out of the bag early. It's not unprecedented, like when Universal Australia put NLOTH up for sale digitally weeks in advance.

But wow, U2Valencia was posting "Siren" hints back in May... that part still baffles me.

Could be. But. I'm a Bowie fan. How come that, despite the big artist he is, NOBODY till that January 8, 2013, even hinted at an album release on the Internet or in the press? To sum up: if you want to do a surprise release, you must be really great at doing it.

EDIT: was replying about the surprise release option.

On the contrary, if you mean something a la Coldplay with 'Midnight' / 'Magic', that can definitely be.

I can imagine the situation going on at the Universal Music offices today. I wonder how Guy O's doing.

On the contrary, if you mean something a la Coldplay with 'Midnight' / 'Magic', that can definitely be.

Go figure...Last time NLOTH came out in 2009, release trends were different and still traditional compared to now. You got to be creative and innovative in the Marketing and promos nowadays...

After everything that's happened, wouldn't it be just great if we actually got a double album?

This is just my personal theory, nothing more, but I imagine they're going to do a double album. Here's why: They're super concerned about album sales, right? Don't double albums count for double sales? If they release a double album, they're going to sell just as many copies as they normally do, but it'll count 2x, so they could release a "massive" hit (by comparison to whatever else is out that week). There's been so much material kicking around, at this point, that I'd imagine something along the lines of disc one being the "real" album and disc 2 being a bit of a "sorry for the delay, here's a lot of stuff we were working on, but just didn't pan out".

At that point, I'd say that's the last "big" thing U2 will ever do. They'll tour for a while and going forward, release one off stuff when they feel like it, just like their peers.

Anyways, that's just what I FEEL could be an interesting possibility. Doubt it happens, but it would make sense, to me.

CK !

:hug:

Where have you been ??

Hiding in the 90s. :wink:

No, actually real life has been very demanding and I've not had much time to devote to online time-wasting. I have kept up with FB and Pinterest via my phone but other than that, nada. I saw the posts about Sirens via U2Radio's FB page though. AND COULD NOT RESIST SEEING WHAT RUMORS ABOUND HERE LMAO.

Did you reserve your copy at that store CK? :D
I haven't been to the mall in months. Been living off my stockpile so no Target trips as of late. Been grocery shopping at a couple local places but that's it. Might check out the FYE status when I take my son out to GameStop since he was given a secondhand GameCube by some friends of ours. (For an 8yr old who's never owned a game system it's a good starter set. We're seeing if he can be responsible with this before investing in an Xbox or Wii.)

This is just my personal theory, nothing more, but I imagine they're going to do a double album. Here's why: They're super concerned about album sales, right? Don't double albums count for double sales? If they release a double album, they're going to sell just as many copies as they normally do, but it'll count 2x, so they could release a "massive" hit (by comparison to whatever else is out that week). There's been so much material kicking around, at this point, that I'd imagine something along the lines of disc one being the "real" album and disc 2 being a bit of a "sorry for the delay, here's a lot of stuff we were working on, but just didn't pan out".

At that point, I'd say that's the last "big" thing U2 will ever do. They'll tour for a while and going forward, release one off stuff when they feel like it, just like their peers.

Anyways, that's just what I FEEL could be an interesting possibility. Doubt it happens, but it would make sense, to me.

I hate to think that I wouldn't be surprised if this theory of yours ends up being true.

I don't think that's true, it's counted as one unit.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Actually, true double albums are counted twice -
Multi-disc albums are counted once for each disc within the album if it is over 100 minutes in length or is from the vinyl era. For example, each copy of The Smashing Pumpkins's Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (running time of 121:39), OutKast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (running time of 134:56), and Shania Twain's Up! (145:44), all double albums, were counted twice, meaning each album was certified diamond after 5 million copies were shipped

BUT - Here is my thought. A double album is dangerous for U2. They are at a point now where they will have a couple of weeks of big sales from their die-hard fans. Maybe a few hundred thousand. But remember that double albums also cost more. So beyond the die-hard fans, you are gonna lose a lot of casual fans, and new fans that aren't gonna shell out 18 bucks for an album, but they may shell out 8 to 10 bucks much more readily. More likely they would download the one big single if they manage to get one off this album.

Back
Top Bottom