LP13 Discussion - Rumor Has It: Sirens, iTunes Festival, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I take everything U2Valencia says with a huge grain of salt. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're way off.

What I will say though is that the fact that 2 different Universal Twitter accounts posted something and then were swiftly taken down along with a standard "Move on, nothing to see here message" from the label is probably the best news you could get right now.

What universal label gave information out ages ago saying the album was going on sale at a certain date?

What I will say though is that the fact that 2 different Universal Twitter accounts posted something and then were swiftly taken down along with a standard "Move on, nothing to see here message" from the label is probably the best news you could get right now.

Definitely.

And why the tweet of Universal Colombia fits with the things U2Valencia said in early May??

That's the only thing that suggests to me that this may not all be bullshit. But it also would surprise me that Interscope would blatantly lie and say that this is all false if it's actually true. Taking the tweets down and not saying anything at all would seem much more likely than lying.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Why would the MANhattan people make stuff up?

that was a little different.. unless I missed something, it wasn't a phony story fabricated by an established fan site.

That's the only thing that suggests to me that this may not all be bullshit. But it also would surprise me that Interscope would blatantly lie and say that this is all false if it's actually true. Taking the tweets down and not saying anything at all would seem much more likely than lying.

It probably depends on their angle. U2 wants to announce the new album/single their way.

No matter what, the tweets are out there and it's already too late. Their statement is simple damage control. Do you say nothing and have endless speculation about the tweets or do you say it's false hoping that some of the endless speculation dies down as a result?

It probably depends on their angle. U2 wants to announce the new album/single their way.

No matter what, the tweets are out there and it's already too late. Their statement is simple damage control. Do you say nothing and have endless speculation about the tweets or do you say it's false hoping that some of the endless speculation dies down as a result?

I suppose so.

Curiously, Interscope doesn't tend to issue statements when rumors that are actually false get published (see: MANhattan).

I suppose so.

Curiously, Interscope doesn't tend to issue statements when rumors that are actually false get published (see: MANhattan).

Maybe some part of that info is right (there's something called "Siren") and some part is wrong (that's not the name of the album).

We can make a lot of speculations right now, we have to wait...

Could it be that the info leaked by Universal Colombia and Venezuela was originally sent to them for internal label purposes? Meaning: the info is true, but: it shouldn't have been posted. What do you think? Also because, generally, when a label promotes an album, doesn't say "will be ready by *insert month*" but "will be released on *insert date*".

Do you think these things are released on purpose just to get everyone talking.

Already theres news reports on regular news sites about it.

Its all hype at the end of the day

I've been waiting for this album for more than 10 years now. :drool:

U2Solar.jpg

It's the end of July and the album will be ready by September?? haha. Everyone please enjoy your latest round of silly rationalizations.

What does the end of July have to do with anything? If they're done they're done.

It's the end of July and the album will be ready by September?? haha. Everyone please enjoy your latest round of silly rationalizations.

Its not the year 2000 now, they could have the album out tomorrow if they wanted to ( like beyonce did, and she didnt have any rumours at all it just happened)

On U2 East Link forum I found some reference to Universal Argentina too, but Super Yo or some other Spanish-speaking person should help, because, while I roughly understand, I don't know the right translation.

Re: La trama se complica...

Mira, alguien conocido que tiene contactos en Universal Argentina dijo que aca no hay nada oficial y que todo eso es un papelon.. ojo no porque sea mentira sino porque dijieron algo que todavia no es oficial.

What does the end of July have to do with anything? If they're done they're done.

End of july now, that means one or two months for an album release. That won't happen. End of october earliest. Or it would be a surprise release.....

End of july now, that means one or two months for an album release. That won't happen. End of october earliest. Or it would be a surprise release.....

Why won't that happen? Announcement and then two months is more or less the norm...

On U2 East Link forum I found some reference to Universal Argentina too, but Super Yo or some other Spanish-speaking person should help, because, while I roughly understand, I don't know the right translation.

Re: La trama se complica...

It basically says that the whole thing is embarrassing, not because it's a lie but because it's not official yet.

Ill say the same to you as the poster above

Its not the year 2000 now, they could have the album out tomorrow if they wanted to ( like beyonce did, and she didnt have any rumours at all it just happened)

Back
Top Bottom