LP13 Discussion - Rumor Has It: Sirens, iTunes Festival, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If there's any legitimacy to this at all, then apparently an insider source is working with U2Valencia to leak out information. Otherwise, why would U2Valencia be so coy about it? Wouldn't they rather just scoop all the other U2 sites and scream "WE HAVE JUST LEARNED THAT THE NEW U2 ALBUM AND/OR SINGLE IS SIREN!!!!!"

There's something that doesn't win me over.

U2Valencia's source of info is that Vertigo Radio guy who spoke to Dallas. Now, I think you'll agree with me that speaking with Dallas doesn't generate the biggest certainty about a release plan. If I were a fan working for a fan radio show, I'd be not only cautious. I'd stay totally silent to avoid any false speculation regarding the band to involve me and the ones echoing my so-called scoop.

U2 are a big band, I think there's NO way they'd team with a fanclub or whatever just for a marketing strategy.

Then, you have today's tweets, which again I don't know if they're based on legit info or they're a consequence of an unprofessional attitude by some Universal worker.

True...though why instigate comparisons to PJ's song right off the bat ?

Anyway, the initial word was the album is Sirens, only later did U2Valencia start speculations the first single is Siren.

I had to look up what album "Sirens" was even on, just now. I love Pearl Jam, but that's definitely not the first thing I thought of when I saw the song/album title.

True...though why instigate comparisons to PJ's song right off the bat ?

Anyway, the initial word was the album is Sirens, only later did U2Valencia start speculations the first single is Siren.

I dont think anyone is going to make the comparison...

I can't see how they would really care - they weren't worried about One confusing Metallica fans...

Exactly. I'm not a Pearl Jam fan, but I try to keep up with current music, and I've never heard of Sirens until today.

We can't have it both ways. We can't wish for shorter album/song titles, and then complain when we get common words previously used by other artists.

U2 are a big band, I think there's NO way they'd team with a fanclub or whatever just for a marketing strategy.

Then, you have today's tweets, which again I don't know if they're based on legit info or they're a consequence of an unprofessional attitude by some Universal worker.

I agree. I don't think U2 is officially behind this. By "insider source" I'm suggesting someone within the U2 or Universal organizations who has limited inside info but isn't authorized to release it. Why this person would go to U2Valencia with said info is another question. But by releasing the info this way U2Valencia seems to want to protect their source.

Again, IF any of this has any validity at all, which might not be the case.

However, I agree with the ones saying that the Internet can turn out as a full of shit place.

Example? If you look up for "U2 Sirens" on Twitter today, there are news sites distorting what they read on other sites, which originally refer to the Colombian tweet. A real mess.

I can't see how they would really care - they weren't worried about One confusing Metallica fans...

More than a three year gap between AB and And justice for all (and a three year gap between singles). And I think U2's One is universally held in far bigger acclaim.

About a year between Lightning Bolt and LP13 if it's released this fall. You think U2 will write a better Sirens song ?

There's something that doesn't win me over.

U2Valencia's source of info is that Vertigo Radio guy who spoke to Dallas. Now, I think you'll agree with me that speaking with Dallas doesn't generate the biggest certainty about a release plan. If I were a fan working for a fan radio show, I'd be not only cautious. I'd stay totally silent to avoid any false speculation regarding the band to involve me and the ones echoing my so-called scoop.

People from U2Valencia was invited by Bono to listen a couple of songs in Dublin.
They heard "Song from someone" there and Bono told them one or two things about the new album.
It's a dream come true for a fan.

That's their "source".

Universal Music Colombia tweeted that the name of the album will be called 'Sirens' and will be ready by September.

the tweet has since been deleted

OHHhhh thank you. I thought just U2 Valencia had been saying things. :doh: my mistake.

More than a three year gap between AB and And justice for all (and a three year gap between singles). And I think U2's One is universally held in far bigger acclaim.

About a year between Lightning Bolt and LP13 if it's released this fall. You think U2 will write a better Sirens song ?

You're not suggesting, I hope, that "Sirens" by PJ is a better known song then "One" by Metallica?

And "One" won a grammy, where is U2's "One"s grammy? HmMMMM MMMMM!?!?!?!

I agree. I don't think U2 is officially behind this. By "insider source" I'm suggesting someone within the U2 or Universal organizations who has limited inside info but isn't authorized to release it. Why this person would go to U2Valencia with said info is another question. But by releasing the info this way U2Valencia seems to want to protect their source.

Could be, never thought of that. Meaning that 'insiders' are not necessarily the official spokesmen, but also someone who has somehow access to news, right?

The fact is we don't know. And at the end of it all what matters to us is whether the info is genuine or not. What brought me hope today was that it was an official (confirmed) Universal account. But: they deleted the tweet; and: the 'siren' reference is a U2Valencia scoop...go figure. :wink:

People from U2Valencia was invited by Bono to listen a couple of songs in Dublin.
They heard "Song from someone" there and Bono told them one or two things about the new album.
It's a dream came true for a fan.

That's their "source".

Super Yo lays it down :beer:

That's their "source".

Ok. That's something! I didn't know that or somehow forgotten it, still I hope the info they're leaking turns out to be true.

That's their "source".

When was the last time Bono was in Dublin?

So Bono has a listening party with U2Valencia in May, plays them new songs, and they can write/tweet about it all they want. But he also tells them that the new album (or a song) is called "Siren" and for some reason they can only post vague mysterious siren-related clues? Is that the theory?

So Bono has a listening party with U2Valencia in May, plays them new songs, and they can write/tweet about it all they want. But he also tells them that the new album (or a song) is called "Siren" and for some reason they can only post vague mysterious siren-related clues? Is that the theory?

It's what they say, maybe he asked them to be quiet. That's another theory.

The meeting was something casual, not something programmed.

Back
Top Bottom