LP13 Discussion - Rock Bottom: Still No F#@&*ng News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get ready for the surprise release of Adele's new album '25', plus she's going on tour in 2015.

U2 will delay the album until 2016 because they know Adele will steal their thunder. :yawn:

I thought Adele's album was due to come out in October...?

We haven't had that surprise i-Tunes related Mega Release hinted last April...maybe this is it :hmm:

Hopefully, Bono sings a duet song on her album (crossing fingers)

I think the POP argument is an argument where neither side is going to budge at this point. Personally, POP has always been in my top 3, sometimes even at #1.

Overall though, I think if anything, POP is a fascinating album within the diehard fan base considering the diverse opinions. No album is debated about this much within the U2 fan base, that's for sure.

I think the POP argument is an argument where neither side is going to budge at this point. Personally, POP has always been in my top 3, sometimes even at #1.

Overall though, I think if anything, POP is a fascinating album within the diehard fan base considering the diverse opinions. No album is debated about this much within the U2 fan base, that's for sure.

Pop is U2's Nikki and Paolo.

Nah, Nikki and Paolo were universally hated whereas Pop is just divisive.

Yeah I don't know anyone that liked them.

I think John Locke might for that mold better. I know people who absolutely hated his character. He's in my top 3 with Ben and Desmond.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Yeah I don't know anyone that liked them.

I think John Locke might for that mold better. I know people who absolutely hated his character. He's in my top 3 with Ben and Desmond.

I agree. And that's because those three are the flat out most interesting characters, it doesn't matter whether you like them or not. (even though what they did with Locke's character in the end was criminal).

Who's Jick?

Oh, that was a typo.

Cheers,

Nick

Ah Jick, my greatest adversary a decade ago......those were the days.
How I miss the argument about how he insisted the bassline on "Please" was recorded in the wrong key.
That's when I learned not to take internets so seriously; it'll drive you batshit fuckin nuts.

Remember:
mc2_zps868b9b24.gif

I don't understand why he has giant apples for hands.

Ah Jick, my greatest adversary a decade ago......those were the days.
How I miss the argument about how he insisted the bassline on "Please" was recorded in the wrong key.
That's when I learned not to take internets so seriously; it'll drive you batshit fuckin nuts.

Didn't Jick also claim that Adam Clayton was black originally and had a skin coloration (a la Michael Jackson) ? Hence the affro...:shifty:

Not really. Actually, Magoo has consistently pushed back against the ridiculous "Pop wasn't that good because we didn't have time to finish it" excuse the band has come up with over the years. As if a few more weeks would have fundamentally changed that record and turned it into a big hit.

McG as quoted in McCormick's book:

Hadn't seen the quote, so just remove that part of what I said and it still makes perfect sense. That era was probably the most rudely awakening and most turbulent era for him to the manager.

From a manager's perspective, Pop and the Pop era make perfect sense for it to be his least favorite and want it to disappear from memory. Had 360 not been the biggest/bestest/highest grossing/most attended tour ever, he'd probably have similar feelings about No Line, but the tour was a massive success.

Yes, that McGuiness would love to forget POP from a business side is somehow understandable, but in that interview (or is it the translation?) he's making it sound as if POP was such an awful album that he wishes they'd never done and released it. That's awkward. POP is underrated, a very good album with some amazing moments. There's a lot of darkness there, desperation, existentialistic themes. It could have been great if it was finished and if they hadn't had to rush it because of the stupid tour booking.

Well that goes to show you how closely I follow U2's business dealings :shrug:

Carry on then, Paul.

Oh, come on. You don't have to follow U2's business stuff in any kind of way to know that Paul has resigned from his management duties and Guy Oseary is handling U2 now. It was all over the media for weeks and all over fan sites and forums, heavily discussed.

It's amazing how even after he's gone so many of you think that Paul McGuinness is the only one who cares about album sales and making money.

If the rest of the band loved the album so much and it's an opinion held only by McGuinness, tell me about how you enjoyed all those Pop songs on the subsequent set lists.

Go on. Tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom