LP13 Discussion - Rock Bottom: Still No F#@&*ng News!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, a lot of the hype for the eventual new album has been lost - there was good momentum after Ordinary Love and Invisible. They need to do a very clever marketing strategy to revive it.

The best marketing strategy of all is to make a great album.

Should I cancel my holidays starting on Friday? I might miss the most important announcement of my life. I'm scared. What to do? :uhoh: :shrug:

i cancelled a weekend at the shore and will be staying home from work this Friday in order to constantly hit refresh on this thread.

i assume we'll all be doing the same?

Waiting is never easy.

wwnxxq8.png

Could it be Kelis doing backing vocals on 'Song For Someone'? I appreciated her vocals being featured on Duran Duran's 'The Man Who Stole A Leopard'. :hmm:

Definitely a good example there! Not sure if it sounds like her though (or if it's 100% a woman, for that matter).

Come to think of it, I'm actually wondering what females have done vocals on on U2 songs in the past. Aside from the Blige duet, of course.

Definitely a good example there! Not sure if it sounds like her though (or if it's 100% a woman, for that matter).

Come to think of it, I'm actually wondering what females have done vocals on on U2 songs in the past. Aside from the Blige duet, of course.

Sinead O Connor

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

The Coconuts

Whoever the singers were on Red Light, as well. That's the only example that immediately comes to mind.

Whoever the singers were on Red Light, as well. That's the only example that immediately comes to mind.

That and parts of Rattle & Hum (I'm thinking of Love Rescue Me, When Love Comes To Town, Room at the Heartbreak Hotel).

Chrissie Hynde sang backing vocals on Pride, under her married name of Chrissie Kerr. It's debatable whether she made the final mix but gets credited. She may be involved in the 'oh-oh aho' bit on the fade out

... I'll eat whatever Bono ate at his most recent meal. That may seem impossible,

I'm sure you couldn't afford whatever it was.

you know.. I wouldnt be surprised if Adele were the guest vocal on Song for Someone...

Song For Someone .... Someone Like You!

If you want quality comedy, we should commission CORI to create animated short films featuring The band in various funny situations based on latest news / jokes made on interference

You greatly overestimate my ability to do anything beyond knowing how to save a gif, upload it to Photobucket, and then post it here.

Waiting is never easy.

wwnxxq8.png

well shit, Bono looks pretty cool here. Denim jacket FTW

(but NO Canadian tuxedo please)

Ordinary Love featured female backing vocals..

First picture of Bono's diet?

Don't let him wrap you around his little chubby fingers with that endearing look. There's no more burgers and pizzas for him for the next 24 months.

This friday big announcement of a new best of 2010-2015. With two songs on it and two remixes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom