LP 13: See you next Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from U2 tribute band "The Unforgettable Fire":

On Tuesday, the U2 World will be shaken up a bit...get ready for it.:applaud:

Here are my predictions:

1) phone with the single on it announced 9/9
2) short presentation/teaser trailer with B&E and the D.R.E. to announce their album being put up on Beats on a date certain in November, probably through the video pieces they've been shooting
3) maybe a quick performance with B&E singing and the D.R.E. working the wheels of steel, with an occasional "Hail yeah" thrown in
4) ends with mics being dropped everywhere

agreed

and i have been playing U2 non stop as i ramp up for some concrete news and new music...it's only making it uglier.

I actually haven't been listening to U2 much at all lately. But I expect that that will change when (if?) an album comes out this year.

I actually haven't been listening to U2 much at all lately. But I expect that that will change when (if?) an album comes out this year.

you are probably smart.

but it's fun to listen to all of the diverse albums and just ponder which direction they will take next.:hmm:

I'm pretty much the same. I haven't listened to them for quite sometime...though obviously (hopefully) that will change next week.

I do wonder sometimes if I'm genuinely excited for the new record, or simply following it out of habit. A little of both I suppose. I'll be pleased, and surprised, if the music's really good.

I can't work myself up to get excited about these rumors anymore. I'm anticipating nothing at all is going to happen next Tuesday, or maybe even this month.
If by some miracle, something U2 related does happen next week or this month
I'll be psyched! I'm expecting nothing though.

Lance the pants is still dropping clues about major music news on Tuesday..
https://twitter.com/LanceASchart/status/507869144294096896

also, major media event in October planned for multiple Grammy winning artist..
https://twitter.com/LanceASchart/status/507650513459228672

Sounds like kanye, what with Chicago and a film component.

Come to think of it, kanye has been quiet lately...

If Apple had kanye, U2 and maybe Madonna lined up for some beats/iTunes thing, they'd have a pretty unimpeachably 'relevant' but mega lineup.

Lance the pants is still dropping clues about major music news on Tuesday..
https://twitter.com/LanceASchart/status/507869144294096896

also, major media event in October planned for multiple Grammy winning artist..
https://twitter.com/LanceASchart/status/507650513459228672

What's a source?

I just checked with him about why he can't say anything, and he stated that it's not a self-imposed silence.

He's talked about media embargo before.. seems like the word is ready to go out.. whatver the big music news for 9/9 is (U2 or not) journos cant say anything until Tuesday

I could see bono being at the event to give a speech on Steve Jobs and announce that in honor of him a new single is available to download now on iTunes

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I spent a little time thinking about this on my walk to work this morning and it seems likely to me that there is going to be some sort of (RED) tie-in with Beats. I mean, why not? It's a very public stage to address the "bashing" that Bono gave Apple earlier this year, while also introducing their new acquisition/their plans for it.

Also, if Kanye is about to drop that album, everybody better watch out, cause there's only so much news the universe can handle at once :wink:

#GutFeelingFriday

I spent a little time thinking about this on my walk to work this morning and it seems likely to me that there is going to be some sort of (RED) tie-in with Beats. I mean, why not? It's a very public stage to address the "bashing" that Bono gave Apple earlier this year, while also introducing their new acquisition/their plans for it.

Also, if Kanye is about to drop that album, everybody better watch out, cause there's only so much news the universe can handle at once :wink:

#GutFeelingFriday

I think Beats and (RED) have collaborated before, so I wouldn't be surprised if they carried on with a partnership of sorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom