LP 13: See you next Tuesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
God I hope a new album comes out soon.

EveryBreakingWave.jpg

Just playing devil's advocate here, but there is also the possibility that RS has been completely shut out of any info, and they are just going to do a short little blurb about the delays, writer's block, Invisible/OL misfire, and the new producers brought in, and they are just speculating an October/Nov release...

Them listed on the fall preview doesn't automatically mean they are giving us any new details. But who knows. We all know nothing.

You're right, and yes we don't know anything. :(

Let's at least be positive. All the artists mentioned in the FALL PREVIEW have their album release date and title announced with precise days for October and November and fully detailed on Wikipedia...

We are most likely having a release date tomorrow with SINGLE ! :rockon::hyper:

No they don't, as I've mentioned several times, since erroneously saying otherwise in my initial post. There is no release date, or any album confirmation at all, from either Kendrick Lamar or Kanye West, undeniably what will be two of the biggest albums of the year, should they actually surface.

Yeah, I don't think we should automatically assume that Rolling Stone has the inside scoop on the new U2 album. As the Charli example illustrates, they put the names of certain artists on the cover in order to sell magazines, with no real concrete or "insider" information. For all we know the RS article could just be restating some of the rumors and speculation that have been circulating endlessly over the past few weeks.

That said, RS and U2 have always been tight, so it's certainly possible there's great new info in the article. But that is certainly not guaranteed.

Their relationship has always been really tight, which leads me even further to believe that this is just a rehash article of what we already know. Maybe a couple little nuggets, but nothing concrete.

Because usually RS would reserve a large space, maybe (usually) even including the cover, and have an in depth look at the whole recording/creation process of the album. This is obviously not that.

Now my head is spinning thinking what would happen if U2 pulled off such a surprise tomorrow that they even duped/scooped Rolling Stone

Guys, what if u2 has some big announcement tomorrow, but not related to Apple
What if u2 announces something at 00:00 on September 9th?
What if we don't have to wait for 22 more hours, but only for 10?
In a couple of hours I'll go to sleep and will be checking this forum first thing after I open my eyes ?

Sent from my LG-D855 using U2 Interference mobile app

U2 doesn't "scoop" the press. Especially not RS. U2 needs Rolling Stone. It ignores the press that their PR team decides is insignificant... like me.

U2 fans should have a different health plan. We need mental help (specially when the moods oscillate like this).

But again, I'm confident that something will happen tomorrow. Hopefully a new single.

(And not a new "best of" or any other music remix like Pride).

Which Irish radio station was supposed to debut the new song?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Guys, what if u2 has some big announcement tomorrow, but not related to Apple
What if u2 announces something at 00:00 on September 9th?
What if we don't have to wait for 22 more hours, but only for 10?
In a couple of hours I'll go to sleep and will be checking this forum first thing after I open my eyes ?

midnight, which time zone?

midnight, which time zone?

I guess us time zone - et, if it happens. That would mimic beyonce if I'm not mistaken, she also released her album at midnight. That is why it probably will not happen, and it will finish as a wild fantasy of mine

RS knows nothing though.. I dont think Andy Green was lying about that..

That would surprise me as magazines obviously have a long lead time. I have a hard time believing that even if U2 do something revolutionary (for them) in launching an album, that they won't immediately back it up with all the usual blasts everywhere. They're not going to 'surprise' drop a single or album tomorrow (or whenever) and then just sit back, smoke a pipe and see what happens. There'll still be all the interviews, TV performances, magazine covers, the endless repetition of meaningless quotes... all the usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom