LP 13/Invisible: Please disperse, nothing to see here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretending to have access to song that hasn't been released or leaked yet is not cool, as well as posting private messages. Honestly Laz do you just love to blatantly break rules for a reaction (trolling, another rule breaker) even though you say yourself that posting private messages is not ok?

This thread is supposed to be about discussing the new album / songs / thoughts - not all this childish crap that only about 10 of you want to read.

However, just in general principle and not specific to Laz per se, a member's "value" to the forum doesn't preclude them from having to follow one of the most hallowed rules re privacy of PM messages. On this count then, if the contents of PMs were actually published (I don't know, it seems to have been implied)...well then that really is not cool.

I'm not sure what the letter of the actual rule here is, but I'd like the record to show (and I'm sure there were witnesses before my original post was deleted), that I didn't post the actual private messages, but simply highlighted my inbox page showing the names of the users who contacted me. In fact, I have yet to even open any of them. Perhaps posting the names and the titles alone are a violation, I don't know. But I would have appreciated it if this distinction had been made by the mod who altered my post.

Laz's first post about having the track was obviously just a joke. Two new-album threads were created at the same time, and Laz was jokingly trying to encourage people to post in his thread and not the other. He didn't set out to troll anyone initially.

All of the lurkers who suddenly started asking for PMs of the track in response to an obvious joke got exactly what they deserved. Laz rubs plenty of people the wrong way, but he's of more value to the forum than all of the lurkers just waiting for a hand out if you ask me.

This is a spot-on illustration of what happened, particularly the joke of my original post about the "leak". Mikal followed-up by pretending I had sent it to him, and this kept the joke rolling. I'm not attempting to implicate him in any wrongdoing, just explaining the escalation.

I'm having a hard time feeling bad for the drooling parasites who went into a frenzy over something they would have been ILLEGALLY listening to had it been true. There's no actual leak? Boo-hoo. What I'm sorry is that the mods had to deal with people actually COMPLAINING about the lack of said illegal material. Can you see the irony in this? "Hey Sicy, this guy said he had an illegally acquired copy of the unreleased song but it wasn't true and now I'm mad I wasn't party to this crime!"

Further proof of the desperation and idiocy going on here.

PM me something invisible please ;-)

invisible-man.jpg

What I'm sorry is that the mods had to deal with people actually COMPLAINING about the lack of said illegal material. Can you see the irony in this? "Hey Sicy, this guy said he had an illegally acquired copy of the unreleased song but it wasn't true and now I'm mad I wasn't party to this crime!"

Further proof of the desperation and idiocy going on here.

The complaints weren't actually about not acquiring said illegal material, but the act of posting private pm's/responses to ridicule in public, and just the fact of pretending to have something that everyone is waiting for. I see your points and appreciate your response and explanation.

I've been saying it's a still shot from the video since first seeing it. Clearly no one listens. :shrug:

yeah I know this seems like the most likely explanation.. but that doesn't look like a film still to me. it's a seems more like a computer generated image. or at least, one that's been heavily manipulated. this could still be from the video of course.. but it could just as easily be some sort of design that ties into the new single/album . much like how this graphic was repeatedly used in the build up to the last Arcade Fire record.

800px-Reflektor_logo_in_Wapping%2C_London.jpg

whatever it is.. just trying to have some fun conjecturing

The complaints weren't actually about not acquiring said illegal material, but the act of posting private pm's/responses to ridicule in public, and just the fact of pretending to have something that everyone is waiting for. I see your points and appreciate your response and explanation.

In my haste to show everyone the result of our joking, I neglected to stop for a second to think about all of this. My intention wasn't to single out anyone in particular but more that people in general had been caught up in the madness; I really should have XXXed out the names and it would have made the same point.

In my haste to show everyone the result of our joking, I neglected to stop for a second to think about all of this. My intention wasn't to single out anyone in particular but more that people in general had been caught up in the madness; I really should have XXXed out the names and it would have made the same point.

clearly, we all need some new music.. :grumpy:

In all fairness to Laz, I'm just as if not more responsible for this blowing up. So my apologies if any rules were broken.

Back
Top Bottom