LoveTown TOUR what was really like ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
namkcuR said:

There are only two other versions that can compete imo - the R&H version and the ZooTV Sydney version.

What do you mean wowy from zootv syd ? :huh:

That version sucked , and I'm not goin on personal tastes , but the thing is Wowy is not meant to be played with a Les Paul , and edge did it , the sounds he was taking were to not say more , not very good , and it was beginning of larry's boring beating , only Adam took out some great different sounds in it , even Bono's voice in the end now its IMO is out of place. Pretty much that's it , even Edge realized that was a mistake to perform it with a LP guitar , without mention that sound He was making with the E-bow , WOWY with Les Paul , NO MORE !

chrissybaby said:
imo, Bono's voice hit it's peak on that tour. I listened to some shows that have just surfaced from Melbourne on u2torrents last night and there's a Streets intro with Heartland over the top! Also, the crowd just seems mental!

Hawkmoon=best opening song ever.

Why can't they do stuff like that now. Each night was different.

Heartland? Does anyone know the date of that concert? I ve been downloading only wtshnn but the quality is really bad and i can't hear what bono is saying at the beggining of the songs.

thanks.

Have listen to many Lovetown shows now, and I still think he has a much stronger voice on JT tour, much more stable and cleaner. He has a bit of a very strange hoarseness in his his voice on the LT shows wich is a bit of disturbing.

Just compare the LT versions of WOWY,ISHFWILF,Bad,NYD to the JT versions. High notes he hit on JT I had to scream with hoarseness in LT versions.

namkcuR said:

Wow, I couldn't disagree with this more. I think Bono was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G on the RHT boot. TUF and WOWY among others are incredible. In fact, that performance of WOWY is perhaps my favorite ever. There are only two other versions that can compete imo - the R&H version and the ZooTV Sydney version.

For years, I considered the RHT boot to be *the* definitive JT era boot.

However, recently, I've listened to a lot of it. While U2 do a great job with the songs (like the super-elongated WoWY), I no longer feel Bono was on that night, vocally. He was good, but not great. He sang the songs in a lower key, didn't hold the notes as long and wasn't as sharp with the falsetto. This Chicago show was early in the JT tour and I think he was still recovering from his vocal problems that he had the first few nights. I've heard Bono's voice sound far more dynamic - even on the Vertigo tour - than it did that night. Again, it was solid, good, but not outstanding (for Bono - compared to most singers, he was great!).

Back
Top Bottom