Love Rescue Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Windmilllane

War Child
I can never understand why there are a lot of people who hate this song. This song is really amazing, IMO. It's great to listen to when you have the blues. Bono's singing is so emotional and heartfelt. And the lyrics are great.

Love Rescue Me

:heart: :love: :heart: :love: :heart:

I love the lyrics, but the song itself doesn't do all that much for me.

And the sun in the sky
Makes a shadow of you and I...

good lyrics, but it sounds so bad....
Go for Always Forever Now :D

When you feel like you're at the end of your rope and there is no hope, just listen to this song. To me, life is about love: being in love, falling in love, being with people you love. And this song is a plea to save yourself. Love Rescue Me. That's the way I interpret the song.

Don't care for it much on Rattle and Hum but from the Dublin 89 versions i do really like it.

I like it... some of the lyrics & music remind me of a hymn I sang growing up called "Love Lifted Me". Matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that both songs were based on the same scripture. :yes:

However, as I pointed out in the "When Love Comes to Town" appreciation thread, there's nothing on R&H that I DON'T :heart: :heart: :heart: !

I don't understand why people have a problem with this song either. Maybe I just like it because Bono collaborated on it with Dylan....

Bob Dylan:drool:

I think this was the first song on R&H that I REALLY fell in love with. I've fallen for others since then, and forgotten a little about Love Rescue Me, but I still feel an odd sense of calm when I listen to it/sing it in my head.

I love the last verse especially.

I've conquered my past.
The future is here at last.
I stand at the entrance,
To a new world I can see,
The ruins to the right of me,
Will soon have lost sight of me.
Love rescue me.

:up: the underrated gem of Rattle and Hum IMO. Wish Bono would sing the whole song live as well.

Worst U2 song ever.
By the time it comes to those terrible "Sha-la-la-la's", I'm starting to... :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Back
Top Bottom