Love Rescue Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
It's my new fave. Underloved, undermentioned...and yet it's EASILY one of Bono's best vocals ever. It's really very much in his JT/R&H "preacher" vein, like "ISHFWILF" and "Silver and Gold" and such. It sounds like something you would expect to hear late at night on the radio while driving through Nebraska.

It's so heartbreaking but so redemptive at the same time. I have always loved it, but it has taken on new significance for me lately.

:up:

i know a lot of people around here aren't huge fans of this song, but i love it. helped me get through a rough break-up. love the lyrics.

Sorry, doesnt do anything for me.

One of the reasons Rattle and Hum is my least favourite album.

Love rescue me seems to drag on forever, i usually skip it unless im in the mood to listen to the album as a whole.

"Love Rescue Me" is definitely one of the highlights of "R & H" and one of the most personal songs that Bono ever wrote (or co-wrote) and sung.:wink:

It speaks in straightforward and stark terms about one person's look at their own life - at their trials, tribulations and ultimately their triumph over their failings.

As always, triumph comes from admitting the mistakes of their past and admitting that only Love can rescue them from these mistakes in the future.:angel:

"Love Rescue Me" reminds me of an early attempt to say what Bono said so brilliantly and concisely in "Grace".

And maybe because this song is so raw and really challenges us to look inside our own hearts and souls, it has been historically underrated as a U2 classic - which it is. :up:

LOVE RESCUE ME.....GRACE FINDS BEAUTY IN EVERYTHING.:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

I'm a huge fan of this song, SPECIALLY the live versions!!!! I love Bono's gospel screaming at the end!!! Extremely powerful!!! One of the best lyrics EVER!!! Just beautiful and very powerfull!!!! One of my favorites! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom