~~Love and Peace Video~~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this was posted in the tour forum not too long ago. it is very nicely done, but it was noted that it is a bit odd to show images of starving people who cant afford money for food, and follow it up with pictures of people who spent hundreds of dollars to see a concert.

That was really amazing as someone who knows how to use flash it's a really cool animation

Chizip said:
this was posted in the tour forum not too long ago. it is very nicely done, but it was noted that it is a bit odd to show images of starving people who cant afford money for food, and follow it up with pictures of people who spent hundreds of dollars to see a concert.

To be fair, the contradiction can apply to U2 (well, more to the B-man), Bono's out there saving the world, but earns millions making music, but walks the starving streets of Africa to help out where he's able but has a healthy bank balance of his own that could probably feed a small township for a year, so the ironry fits.

(The above wasn't an attack by the way, I love the humanitarian in him, and I don't feel he should be critised just because he earns a lot of money, he works his ass off the year round to help the less fortunate and I'd never denounce that in anyway, just drawing an observation that those image's work with the live photo's).

Anyway, I think it's been done really well, good job on 'em.

Lo-Fi said:

To be fair, the contradiction can apply to U2 (well, more to the B-man), Bono's out there saving the world, but earns millions making music, but walks the starving streets of Africa to help out where he's able but has a healthy bank balance of his own that could probably feed a small township for a year, so the ironry fits.

(The above wasn't an attack by the way, I love the humanitarian in him, and I don't feel he should be critised just because he earns a lot of money, he works his ass off the year round to help the less fortunate and I'd never denounce that in anyway, just drawing an observation that those image's work with the live photo's).

Anyway, I think it's been done really well, good job on 'em.

Very good point I have felt that way for a long time but was always afraid to say it, in fear that someone would think I was bashing Bono in some way.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom