Love And Peace Or Else (Live) - This Is U2 I Like The Most!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ar195

The Fly
Hello to You all - this is my first thread. I must say LAPOE is by far the song i like the most on Vertigo Tour. This song live has everything that made U2 such a thrilling band. It's loud, raw, dangerous, unpredictable, theatrical in the visual way of performance (Bono's drumming!!!) and ending guitar solo is just groundbreaking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (for example listen to BBC London broadcast versioin)
Bono use his voice and pushes it into new areas (that Elvis like voice he uses in parts of this song). I love the way Bono and Larry sings togetherxalso. I just wanna say that this particular song played live is for me the proof that U2 will always be for me the best live band ever!!!!

And of course i LOVE ALBUM VERSION TOO - but live versions just pushes it in the second place. This is song that sounds incredible live.

What do You think?

I'd say it's definately up there on the tour. I don't know which my favorite is but I love how this one is sounding. Definitely very powerful and evocative and it makes me angry and pumped all at the same time. I am always hearing Bono singing out "love aaaaaaannnannnnannnnd" all the time now. it's a damn great song.

From the first listen, when the album was leaked, I knew that it is an incredible song. It's still my favourite tune off the Bomb and it's one of the best moments on Vertigo. I hope it will be played on next tours (mayby to replace Bullet or SBS, but I doubt) and the next album will be in the similar style!

Brillant, live as i said in my review of last nights concert, but SBS was the best song at that show, it sounded brillant.

i love how this song rises and rises and then it falls and kinda simmers down like soup at the part ''baby don't fight, we can talk this thing through..''

pssss. i play this song very loud alot when i drive with my windows down on the highway :cool:

Love And Peace I agree sounds great. Particularly the 'Release Release Release' 'duet' between Bono and Larry and Edge's solo. A track that really made the progression live very well.

Like this HTDAAB order?

1. Love and Peace or Else
2. Vertigo
3. City Of Blinding Lights
4. Miracle Drug
5. Sometimes You Cant Make It On Your Own
6. All Because Of You
7. Crumbs From Your table
8. A Man and a Woman
9. One Step Closer
10. Original Of The Species
11. Yahweh

MacPhistoPT said:
The Best surprise on the tour. I didn't like the song but now I have much better opinion about LAPOE.

:up: i agree 100%. The song sounded amazing in the leaked beach clips, OK on the album, and now on tour its just awesome!

I'm waiting for the next tour when the solo on the song changes, like how the solo on Bullet The Blue Sky changed for ZooTV. I'm waiting for The Edge to put the blues into the glam-blues rocker.

from the few boots I've heard, this is my fav live song off the new album, and probably one of my favs in general. I haven't seen the show yet, so I can't say obviously, but right now I think it's the only one I'd really like to be a regular for future tours.

LAPOE ist the best song on the BOMB. its one of their (unfortunately) rare brave efforts of the last ten years. its a great song. i still think i like it so much, because it has that distinct T.REX sound. hey U2 bring on more rocksongs next time!

Back
Top Bottom