Love and Peace - New NA Single?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fan101

Refugee
With Original of the Species having yet to be played in NA on this leg, my thinking is that Love and Peace could be the next single. Here is why...

They did Love and Peace as a video/mp3 for React Now, and the opening was much shorter, as when the album came out, people had said for it to be a single, the opening would have to be cut considerably, and it has been.

I'm thinking Love and Peace could be the next single, and the video on U2.com could work as the music video in my opinion - an empty arena...oooh, someone had said earlier it's quite haunting, and I do agree.

Thoughts? Disagreements?

Last edited:
Release it as a live single. (Is that possible?)
Live, the song is a 100 times better than studio. Seriously.

U2Fan101 said:
With Original of the Species having yet to be played in NA on this leg, my thinking is that Love and Peace could be the next single. Here is why...

They did Love and Peace as a video/mp3 for React Now, and the opening was much shorter, as when the album came out, people had said for it to be a single, the opening would have to be cut considerably, and it has been.

I'm thinking Love and Peace could be the next single, and the video on U2.com could work as the music video in my opinion - an empty arena...oooh, someone had said earlier it's quite haunting, and I do agree.

Thoughts? Disagreements?

I agree that it could and probably should be the next single but to use the react now performance as the video would be lame considering the video for COBL is basically the same thing. They could really do somthing speacil with this song as far as images go for a video. To use the React Now footage as the video would be lazy and redundent in my opinion. I do like the idea of it as a single though.

Azor said:

You're leaving out Miracle Drug :eek:

Miracle Drug gets played on the radio here in Red Deer, Alberta all the time. Well not all the time but I've heard it at lest four times and that's a lot for a song that isn't even released as a single. Shit I heard Miracle Drug on the radio before I heard COBL on the radio:eyebrow:

A live single would be brilliant, but would they?

I've heard "Bad" from the Wide Awake EP on the radio occasionally, but that wasn't an official single right?

thrillme said:

I've heard "Bad" from the Wide Awake EP on the radio occasionally, but that wasn't an official single right?

Mmmm, I think it's not that probable to have a liv single...
But that would be nice!

I heard SBS live from Red Rocks a lot of time on the radio, even if it was not a single!

So, who knows!

And the video we had in Europe for City is a live video, and also the sound was taken live -- and it's gorgeous!!

Anyone knows if L&P is going to be the next single in Europe, too?

Love the song and the performance, but it won't be released, u2 are into the last furlong with releasing singles off this album. It's time to move on as well. 5 singles would be a single too much.

IMO there's not the slightest chance that miracle drug will be released as a single in the UK. They played it to push the album when it was first released (ie on radio one).

Although I like Love and Peace, I's be surprised that would be released as a single either.

Saying that' Im surprised all becuase of you is the next single, rather than OOTS

I think if LAPOE was released they should use some of the video on the DVD released with the album. LAPOE plays at the start, I reckon it's pretty cool.

A live single, I'd love it, but it wouldn't work. The COBL stragey was good - they released two live tracks on the single here in Oz. All though I would have preferred a b-side.

Imagine COBL and Mercy on the one CD! :hyper:

I don't know about the video being 'Haunting'...but it's good, all the same...

I've started to like this song more and more ever since their hurricane benefit performance in Toronto. :up:

That was such an AWESOME performance ... seems only fair to release that version in particular as a single. :applaud:

thrillme said:

They have. I Will Follow & 11 O'Clock Tick Tock from Under A Blood Red Sky were released in the US as singles. As was Bad from Wide Awake In America.

11 O'Clock and Bad weren't released as commercial singles or even Radio promos; but they did chart on billboard. I Will Follow got full commercial and radio singles.

I Will Follow (1984) #81 on Billboard's Hot 100

11 O'clock (1983) #30 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks
Bad (1985) #19 on Billboard's Moder Rock Tracks

Plus Sunday Bloody Sunday from Under A Blood Red Sky was released on MTV as a promo video.

Bad has a promo vid as well but I don't know if it was ever actually released. But you can watch it on U2.com.

Last edited:
Love & Peace released exclusively to Walmart!!!!!

I heard Love & Peace last night at my local Neighborhood Walmart grocery Store! They probably got jealous of U2's relationship with Target when they had the "7" EP after ATYCLB.

Back
Top Bottom