Loss of Innocence

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone else noticed that a loss of innocence seems to be one of the main themes of How to Dismantle...? Just look at the songs we've heard so far:

Vertigo - "It's everything I wish I didn't know"
All Because Of You - "Life would be so much simpler if you didn't know what you knew. I think it's about that, in a way." -The Edge
City of Blinding Lights - "The more you see, the less you know, the less you find out as you grow, I knew so much more then, than I do now." "What happened to the beauty inside of me?"

Thoughts? Anyone?

I love the personal nature of many of the lyrics we've read or heard so far. Great indication. My favorite U2 songs are personal & emotional. But it's nice to have the usual political song (LAPOE) too.

My idea....

Achtung Baby= a central character was present in the album and chronicled his exploration of love in earthly forms

HTDAAB= a central character exploring the concept of love in more heavely terms, an exploration of his faith

Just my .02

just speculation, but this may be the man looking back at his felix culpa, the fortunate fall that was Achtung Baby (stepping out of the light to see the darkness), and what he has learned about himself. after losing his innocence, he now discovers the power of the innocence he was so eager to lose and looks into the mirror to see the lines left on his face from the experience he was so eager to gain. yet, you could never know the power of that innocence without losing it ... oh, we could go on endlessly.

it's early, purely speculation. but there's little doubt in my mind that Atomic Bomb is an allusion to Achtung Baby

Irvine511 said:
just speculation, but this may be the man looking back at his felix culpa, the fortunate fall that was Achtung Baby (stepping out of the light to see the darkness), and what he has learned about himself. after losing his innocence, he now discovers the power of the innocence he was so eager to lose and looks into the mirror to see the lines left on his face from the experience he was so eager to gain. yet, you could never know the power of that innocence without losing it ... oh, we could go on endlessly.

it's early, purely speculation. but there's little doubt in my mind that Atomic Bomb is an allusion to Achtung Baby

You SO need to post more. That's brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom