Looking for Vegas friends (and a U2 story!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alreadygone

The Fly
where the bright lights and big city meet
Hey all, this is Cindi (of late from KY), who was elevated with Chris (spanisheyes?) and Bethany at the Las Vegas show. They told me about this friendly place... (peering around) are y'all here?

Not to be completely off-topic, here's an actual U2-related bit:

I attended the My VH1 awards Sunday night as a seat filler. I filled my particular seat for the entire evening, which I thought was tr?s cool... (and if you live in Vegas or LA, go to www.seatfiller.com to sign up, I recommend it!) As you all probably well know, U2 was up for several awards, but didn't get anything. I'm pleased to report, though, that the audience applauded for them *almost* as much as they applauded for those who eventually won.

As U2 experiences go, it was pretty lame. But I must say that being 5 feet from Christian Slater and Tony Kanal is nice, too!
smile.gif

-cindi

------------------
Gotta feel so guilty,
Got so much for so little...

Cindi!!!! It's me...Bethany...or sula as I go by here.
biggrin.gif
I was just thinking that I should email you, and here you are.
smile.gif

I'm getting my pics developed. finally. lol. Hopefully some of them turn out. And I'm still pissed that Bono didn't pull you up onstage for that dance. He was gonna and then he forgot. Silly man.

Welcome to the forum.
smile.gif
*hugs* It was great fun sharing our little section of the railing in Vegas.

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe Pics

Sula!!! I thought 1) that sounded like you and 2) that I remembered you saying that was your forum name.

So you grew up there? Do tell! We can go extra-forum of course; I'm sure it's been covered here.
smile.gif
My absolute favorite coffee (my other addiction) is from Sulawesi. I have a dwindling pound of it in my fridge right now.

This place is so cool, thank you very much, I am SOOOOO hooked. Well that could be a bad thing, I guess.... I found the URL you posted about the DVD discussion--that'll be my after-dinner fare tonight. I know it's a rerun for you guys, but did I see you in the crowd during Beautiful Day? I swear I saw your big beautiful hair.... My husband thinks I'm crazy--"THERE'S BETHANY!!! Oh, you don't know Bethany."

And if I can find them, I'm going to post some excellent pix of Bono from the Lexington show on PLEBA. Thanks for THAT recommendation, too! Wow. Pardon me, is it hot in here?

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
... And I'm still pissed that Bono didn't pull you up onstage for that dance. He was gonna and then he forgot. Silly man.

I know!! I've totally forgiven him though. <grin> I mean, who could be mad at those baby blues? At the LA3 show, next night, I'd augmented my sign--the top part said "2nd chance?" He looked at me like "We don't have a song called that, do we?" But I *can* say he erroneously returned an American flag to me after running around the heart with it at the beginning of Streets... Eye contact the whole time he was walking down Edge's side of the ramp. At least, that was *my* perception! John came by a few minutes later to return it to its rightful owner.

OK, OK, perhaps I should take this to another forum...

It's great to meet up with you again. Let me know about those pix. BTW, I took your advice and sent mine to Snapfish. Everyone, the URLs are:
http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=958271006897973028/l=6265431/t_=2888

(pardon the dippy pictures of my lame friends playing golf; just scroll to the bottom)

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=98141007528202520/l=6355150/t_=6712

(only the last 2 are from LA3; the others are Vegas)

http://www.snapfish.com/share/p=75341007528234588/l=6355151/t_=7243

OK, so there's a reason I'm not a professional photographer. But, enjoy anyway. (Hope this is ok--lambaste me if you want, I can take it!)

Ta,
-cindi

ps you'll have to sign up for a snapfish account if you don't have one, to view the photos

--
The last time we met was a low-lit room
We were as close together as bride and groom
We ate the food - we drank the wine
Everybody having a good time

[This message has been edited by alreadygone (edited 12-04-2001).]

Hi alreadygone, great story! I was in Vegas too, which ROCKED!! It was my first show in 14 years, and it was wonderful!!!

that seat filler gig sounds like a hoot (I'm thinking of Kramer on Seinfeld). Wish I lived out there, I'd go for it!

It WAS a hoot! Great word for it.

I forgot to tell you guys--here's the bracelet I was working on in line:

bracelet.jpg

I finished it the next day, in time to wear it to LA3.

'night all, I'm zleepy!
-cindi

--
Good night
No emotional goodbyes...

Hey Cindi...great to hear from you again, and to see you here at the forum. Thanks again for an awesome time in the Vegas line...all of you ladies were awesome to talk with, and to be able to experience the show with you and Bethany.

Chris

------------------
"That's what's happening to U2 on tour in the United States at the moment - we're just a conduit for all this joy and hope and despair and it's all coming out - People say, 'Oh, Rock and Roll is great - just takes people's minds off of it' - No. That is not our job. Our job is to take people's minds through it." --Bono's take on the Elevation Tour since 9/11

Back
Top Bottom