Longest live version of Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kakvox

Refugee
Anyone know U2's longest live version of Bad is to date? If not longest, perhaps the best (all opinions welcome). I have quite a few, but just wanted to know what all you U2 experts think. :wink:

I am asking because it is my fav U2 song and its most recent use as the closer of Chicago 5/12 (of which I attended) was f@%&ing brilliant!!!

Yahweh_OMG said:
where can i get that version????

If you have Itunes email me and i will send it to you. Thats the only way i really know how to do it.. Or check the audio posts someone can probably send you a link

dandy said:
the live aid version was over 14 minutes long.

Yeah, but a lot of space was due to Bono making his way down to the young lady in the crowd. What about rocking it long and hard?

I musta been really lucky 2 be at the 5/12 show, not only was that bad the best iv ever heard that song but the snippets he added in of norweigin wood, sexual healling and the end of 40 worked well

I saw them play it in late 84. It's still going..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

East Rutherford, April 15th 1985 is the longest version of Bad, I believe. 16 minutes and 15 seconds.

djerdap said:
East Rutherford, April 15th 1985 is the longest version of Bad, I believe. 16 minutes and 15 seconds.
That was my first show ever. No wonder I became such a big fan!

If anyone has a recording of that show, please let me know. I can't believe I've never been able to find it. I did find info on one site that said it was one of the best UF recordings for sound quality. I think the title of the boot was "Unforgettable Night."

Actually (i know Axver would back me up on this) there's a 20 minute version of Bad that they played back on the UF tour in 84 or 85. I used to have the mp3 and i remember that it was really really cool! i'm not sure of the date but i know it was close to 20 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom