Longer sample of a new song (1:30)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like what i'm hearing but i would say to the people who are dissing the recorders for talking that they didn't have to release this so be happy for getting this and hopefully we can get all 10-12 songs even if there's talking in it i would still be very very happy. :)

JESUS CHRIST THATS THE FUKIN COOLEST PEACE OF SHIT RECORDING OF A SONG I HAVE HEARD FOR 4 YEARS!!
OkOk, that has got to be the COOLEST chorus iv'e heard! This song is going to be HUGE!!!! Listen to how fresh they are! FUCK YOU BRITNEY! FUCK YOU ALL YOU RAPPERS! U2 ARE BACK!
WOOOOO!!
They could release this crappy recording to the media and it will top the charts.

(Sings interpretation of the chorus)

Get up get up...........hey!
You live in a place called Vertigo!
Lights go down in and around
And since you, you gave me something
I can feel your love teaching me!
highhhhhhhh..........!

Aaaaahhhh SOOO GOOOD! AAAHHHHH!!!

*leaves to try and compose himself*

i cant even imagine how great this will sound in a good speaker system after we actually get the real, mastered version.

This is my interpretation of the whole thing

CHORUS 1
'Hello Hello......HEY
You live in a place called Vertigo
Everything goes in not out
And since you, you give me something....
I can feel you........!'

'HEY HEY HEY.........VERTIGO!!
HEY HEY HEY.....!

All of this was all for you
All of this falls from you
All of this was all for you
Sail away into the night....

CHORUS 2

'Hello Hello........HEY!
You live in a place called Vertigo!
Lights go down, in not out....
And since you, give me something
I can feel your love teaching me...
NahAaaa................'

Opinions?

Last edited:
much more better than the ABOY 53sec crap!
the guitar in some way kind reminds me on UTEOTW...powerful sound and its rocking!

I have no speakers on my computer....:sad:

But my girlfriend does....but she's on holiday til nxt week...:sad:

The lyrics look good though. How heavy is the song, guitar and drumming wise?

Weird. There's guitar in this song. LOTS of guitar. :eyebrow:

I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!

It wouldn't surprise me if the band are playing this rather than playing a CD. It has a live feel to it.

If ATYCLB is anything to go by, U2 will be playing some of these songs live very soon if they are going embark on the same level of promotion as they did in 2000. Could be that they are rehersing down in Eze..

much more inspired song than all because of you. really excited now.
It's too soon to conclude anything about the album, but it seems to me that a new sound is comimg. I remember a quote from lanois saying something like "this album will have the rawness of war and boy and the depth of ab", and i feel exactly that with this piece.
And the energy in it, wow... i was not expecting that much.

Set me free, why don't you babe...
get outta my life, why don't you babe..

Kim Wilde

don't know why but it makes me think of this. Bring back the 80's!!

U2DMfan said:
Interesting that I sampled both clips, ABOY and this one and they basically have the same tempo, both around 138-140 bpm.
as a comparison, this is much more uptempo than anything on ATYCLB.

Same of the chord sequences are the same too, I wonder if one of these two songs is essentially the same version of the other, but different songs, much like Fly/Lady with the Spinning Head and Beautiful Day/Always and all of the others.

Just food for thought.

:confused: 138-140 bpm...isn't usually techno described with those terms? Or do you mean uptempo like their earliest albums, Boy and October?

Gah...I will not listen to samples any more, no matter what. (your quotes sure are tempting)

So, does "Vertigo" sound like that ABOY snippet? Like really early U2, or is it more like AB sound that some mention? Is it simlar to any U2 sound that we know from their past?

A place called Vertigo... that reminds me of Zoo (Station and TV). :hyper:

Last edited:
Tizer said:

Kim Wilde

There's definitely a 80's feeling in it. Somehow that ohohoh part reminds me of siouxsie & the banshees and other punk acts from the late 70's/early 80's

Tizer said:

Kim Wilde

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking. I've listened to it about 100 times and thats the song that it reminds me of (although this is alot better in every way) ;)
This album is going to be a hardcore U2 album, experimentilization period is over and now its time for U2 to provide their authentic sound. Its very 80's as well as 'The Fool' sounding. Drums, Guitar and Bass! This is U2 baby! (Btw the basslines from what I can hear sound sweet! Go Adam!
And the Edge's riffs sound great! AHH ITS ALL TOO MUCH!

Any news on whether these Spanish guys are going to release the rest of the recordings?

Is the repeated singing in the background by Edge "paradise"...
And it definatly sounds like crickets and waves on the background, so it must be recorded in France...:yes:

GO VERTIGO GO !!!

U2girl said:
So, does "Vertigo" sound like that ABOY snippet? Like really early U2, or is it more like AB sound that some mention? Is it simlar to any U2 sound that we know from their past?

I think it's faster that ABOY... with more guitar, "better" melody and ABOY is basicly the same all the time while Vertigo is "changing" from "normal" to "hard-rocking", it's slowing down, stops for a second and then starts with new energy...
Yes, there's much more energy in that song then in ABOY...
I wonder if there's a guitar solo sometimes further in the song...??

IMO it's impossible to compare this song to their sound from the past... but if I had to do it, I would say that it's something like "I will follow" with HMTMKMKM alittle like "Wire" and UTEOTW...
realy hard to describe...

U2 is my drug... I said to myself earlier: Don't listen to anything of the new album before it is released... That promise was all gone when I read the title of this thread... And I don't regret listening to it.... I surely got my fix.

This is really good, it has such a powerful vibe. I also associate it with the "A Celebration" single as someone said earlier. Just before the stop I hear some serious Achtung Baby vibe too. I think the guitar has that wreckning AB sound.

And then we have Bono's voice which sounds different in some way, but I don't know what it is, it sounds terrific, strong and full of energy.

I have a hard time hearing the bass or the drums, so I will not comment on those.

At first I thought that sound was some kind of maracas but then I realised that it was crickets :)

radioskugga said:

I have a hard time hearing the bass or the drums, so I will not comment on those.

I honestly have a hard time hearing most any thing of what everyone else in this thread is speaking of. Sure, you can hear the general song structure (which sounds great), but you honestly cant really hear any specifics what so ever.(atleast not to the point where you could accurately make a confident statement on what the song will really end up sounding like) I find it humorous most of you seem to already be basing what the the production sounds like in terms of other albums. Wait till you hear a clean copy, it could sound completely different than you expected. (production is always quite subtle that way, I've even been extremely surprised by how much you really lose in production from CD to mp3 format)

Regardless, I completely understand and agree with all the excitement. This song sounds very promising from what we've heard (as does 'All Because of You'). Come on U2, give us some short little clips on u2.com like you did for ATYCLB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (preferably sooner than later) :wink:

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:

I honestly have a hard time hearing most any thing of what everyone else in this thread is speaking of. Sure, you can hear the general song structure (which sounds great), but you honestly cant really hear any specifics what so ever.(atleast not to the point where you could accurately make a confident statement on what the song will really end up sounding like) I find it humorous most of you seem to already be basing what the the production sounds like in terms of other albums.

Still, you CAN hear the guitar riff, and the vocals too, and from that people (like myself) get associations to music made by U2 or someone else. For me it is just a comment of what i hear now. I'm aware that the final version might sound very different, but atleast now we have a confirmation on the direction of two songs.

radioskugga said:

Still, you CAN hear the guitar riff, and the vocals too, and from that people (like myself) get associations to music made by U2 or someone else. For me it is just a comment of what i hear now. I'm aware that the final version might sound very different, but atleast now we have a confirmation on the direction of two songs.

Yeah, very true. I wasn't aiming that at you at all, just making a general statement. I actually was trying to agree with you about the fact that it was hard to make things out. Just wanted you to know that.

You're totally right in saying that making associations to what you can hear now to other music or past albums is a practicable action. :up: Hopefully people wont over do it and start stating their hypotheses on what the album may sound like as more than just assumptions though.

Alright! I also think one look (listen) for AB or Boy or whatever in the song, just because people have made comments on how it sounds similar to those records.

I will try and not listen to more snippets, i want some virginity left for the album :wink:

I'm stuck at work :mad: and can't hear it until my lunch break. But I'm reading everyone's post to get me through the morning and some of ya are cracking me up.

Back
Top Bottom