Longer sample of a new song (1:30)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2DMfan said:
Interesting that I sampled both clips, ABOY and this one and they basically have the same tempo, both around 138-140 bpm.
as a comparison, this is much more uptempo than anything on ATYCLB.

Same of the chord sequences are the same too, I wonder if one of these two songs is essentially the same version of the other, but different songs, much like Fly/Lady with the Spinning Head and Beautiful Day/Always and all of the others.

Just food for thought.

I'll bet that's what it is.

it's great, but man...I'd like to slug those shitheads for talking over the whole thing.

Nice track, it really fucking moves! Adam and larry are just rolling, Edge sounds like God, and Bono sounds fantastic.

Last edited:
i really don't this and ABOY are the same song. even though they share similar tempos, they both have completely different vibes to them.

definitely expect to hear both ABOY and this new song as 2 different tracks on the new album.

mikal said:

definitely expect to hear both ABOY and this new song as 2 different tracks on the new album.

definetly. both are upbeat but very different to me. Both could be pretty big.

Can we expect to hear more clips from these guys? Are these the same people who claim to have mp3 clips of 8-10 songs? I'm starting to get greedy now that we've heard clips from 2 songs... and I was planning on not listening to a single song until the actual album came out. So by listening to these crappy second-hand clips, have I lost my new album virginity?

No, you haven't lost your virginity as imagine the feelling when you here vertigo FULL BLAST on your surround Hi Fi speakers!!!!!

I am now salivating!

I made a version without the spanish guys, but it doesnt sound as good, because you lose part of U2 in the process, if that can make any sense.

Also, when these guys decided "hey, lets post a clip of this on our website" did they consciously decide to pick one where they are talking over a good portion of a mere 90 seconds of the song? Or can we deduce that these guys talked over the whole fucking thing?

I say they talked over the whole fucking recording. At least the dude who recorded part of ABOY had the decency to shut his fucking yaphole.

The original 53 second clip of ABOY could be the first minute of this song, and this clip could be the second half or something. Just a thought I had.

ABOY is definitely ABOY. We know that for a fact.

This is definitely Vertigo. Listen to the chorus, he clearly says "here/we're/you're in a place called vertigo".

:hyper:

I just listened back to the original, some of you might want to check out my version and see if it sounds better to you. I tried to clean it up as much as possible and boosted the bass frequencies, and added some reverb to that section refrain with Edge's guitar to bring it out a little more.

it's a shitty recording to start with, but I think the edit I made is better than the original.

If someone wants to HOST it for the board, I'll email it to you.

WOW!!!!!!!!! I never expected something that amazing, it sounds like boy meets achtung meets unforgettable fire 'the song'!!!!

Thats unbelievable, what a feeling that song evokes, that is just AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Sorta a feelng like even better than the real thing but with soaring rock'n'roll lyrics.

Damn, what a sound, thats just amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, neutral, it has been sent, everyone go easy on me, I worked on that version for about an hour earlier, and then I went back and did another tonight, but I like the first version a little better.

I had the Edge's guitar refrain sounding good on the other one, but the rest got too distorted. This one is more clean, but I made it for people who don't have good sound editing software.

U2LA, I am sending you the other version, so people, if they want can get both and delete the one they don't want.

They are both similar, but the first one is a little cleaner, I was able to get the second one to sound better on the guitar, it just distorted the bass and made it a little cluttered.

**If you don't want to host it and tie up your bandwidth, I understand, just thought I go ahead and put it to use, if you want.

Last edited:
Holy Shiiiiii!

This is the U2 I grew up with!

This crappy recording is the best music I have heard this summer. Quick! Let's get this on the charts now! This 1:30 tops anything 3:30 and over out there!

Back
Top Bottom