Lmc V U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kate1

War Child
I can not stand that song, its always on and it has reuined the original version ' with or without you"!

U2 IS ABOUT ROCK NOT BLUMMIN POP MUSIC!

Everyone sings the famming song at school and its really really annyoing! if you say U2 wrote the original version, they say whos U2!!!

so annyoing!!!

ANYONE AGREE!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kate1 said:
they say whos U2!!!

so annyoing!!!

ANYONE AGREE!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

When ppl ask me who U2 is, that annoys me. Not that I expect everyone to know who they are. Okay, so maybe I do!

I can't say I have the say problem with Lmc V. U2. Living in the USA, I've never actually heard it, just little bits. It did sound kind of annoying. Not something I would want to hear a lot, but then again, I really haven't heard it, so ignore me. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Lucky you! i hear it everyday at least 5 times!!!!

I am worried about those who don't know about U2 enyone who is anyone knows about U2, even in Africa, well obviously (BONO).

Do they have their heads in a bucket of sand or something?

They sould at least know about Bono but they say whos bono!!! ARGHHHHHH! :mad:

I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand this thing. I have it, with all 5 remixes, and every one of the tracks makes my skin crawl. I don't know why I even keep it. :yuck:

I don't know what I'd do if someone asked me "who's U2". It would not be pretty! :tsk: :combust:

Why the hell did U2 agree to the remix, its awful! :huh:
I have no idea why the flamming song stayed at no 1 for soooooo long, probably cos of U2 in the title. lol.

Terrible song. I felt like throwing up when I first heard it.

If you don't know who U2 are, you have problems.

It's not that bad...I don't like it that much, but i'd listen to it without feeling the need to kill anyone...

I thought I'd give it a listen after hearing that U2 gave them the go-ahead to use the sample, but I don't like it much at all.

MrBrau1 said:
dance music is poo. If you wanna dance, get some Motown records. Or Daft Punk.

Erm i have to disagree with ya matey!!! DANCE AINT POO!!! I love dance such as special D, scooter and benni bannesi etc.

Id like to bring attention that Daft punk is dance.

Although i do love rock too!

anyone want to fill me in on what LMC V U2 is or "Flamming"??
Mr Brau, I am very impressed w/ the Daft Punk mention. I actually used One More Time as my "entry song" into my wedding reception

Daft Punk is SO much more than just "Dance" music. They're Radiohead in the BPM a world, and actually write SONGS. Their records are insane!

mr brau, is there one daft punk album that you recommend? are they more upbeat or more artsy like radiohead? i might be the only person alive who doesn't really get radiohead

I have their 2 albums "Discovery" and "Homework." They're both equally good workouts for your stereo. I like to pretend I'm a robot when I listen to them.:wink:

I think I'll pick one of those up. But if it sounds like Radiohead, I'll hold you personally responsible - Only kidding.

Ok, I'm sold, I'll pick up one sometime soon. I'm always interested in something different and new - I loved "One More Time"

Numb1075 said:
anyone want to fill me in on what LMC V U2 is or "Flamming"??

LMC vs. U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above is a dance track. It samples With Or Without You (hence the "vs. U2" part), the infinite guitar part you hear in the intro of WOWY. Take Me To The Clouds Above mixes it with some lyrics (another sample) of Whitney Houston's How Will I Know and of course a dance beat.
It went to #1 in the UK and is also quite high in the Dutch charts.
Some like it, some don't. :p

C ya!

Marty

P.S. I think that "flamming" is something like :censored:
:wink:
P.P.S. Although I don't have either album, I think that Daft Punk's Homework would be my preference. Around The World and Da Funk are both excellent songs. And no, they're not anything like Radiohead, but French dance music (more disco-/funk-like).

You should check out the Discovery album its pretty damn funky. The videos for the singles off that album are very cleverly done too, they all add together to tell a story

Popmartijn said:

LMC vs. U2 - Take Me To The Clouds Above is a dance track. It samples With Or Without You (hence the "vs. U2" part), the infinite guitar part you hear in the intro of WOWY. Take Me To The Clouds Above mixes it with some lyrics (another sample) of Whitney Houston's How Will I Know and of course a dance beat.
It went to #1 in the UK and is also quite high in the Dutch charts.
Some like it, some don't. :p

C ya!

Marty

P.S. I think that "flamming" is something like :censored:
:wink:
P.P.S. Although I don't have either album, I think that Daft Punk's Homework would be my preference. Around The World and Da Funk are both excellent songs. And no, they're not anything like Radiohead, but French dance music (more disco-/funk-like).

VERY WELL EXPLANED SAVES ME TIME EXPLAINING!
CHEERS! :wink:

Anyway why is my thread turned into radiohead v Daft punk!!! LOL

I know this doesn't belong on this forum. my last post on Daft Punk. I just bought Discovery. Listened to the first 5 songs. Reminds me of a cross between Chemical Bros and Fat Boy Slim. I enjoyed it. Thanks.

I've only heard the song in full once, while waiting in a jewellery shop for my sister. I only knew it was vs. U2 because I'd seen it mentioned on U2.com. Otherwise I never would've guessed it sampled WOWY. It's very repetitive in its lyrics which is greatly irritating.

Back
Top Bottom