Live Under Brooklyn Bridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dalton

Blue Crack Addict
Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
I downloaded it this morning from itunes and here is my thoughts:

1. The band did not sound great on any of the new songs.

2. I think that stems mostly from them being uncomforatable with the new material as of yet.

3. I have seen the boys enough in the past to know that these songs will be amazing when the tour rolls around.

4. I hope that they play a lot of their more rocking songs throughout the show. Out of Control, 11 O'Clock, Trip Through Your Wires, Wire, etc.

5. What are they going to do for the acoustic set. I hope In A Little While and Stay still get the due love.

Yup, here is a thread for people who are looking forward to the tour

i think the exact opposite of you: the band sounded great on all the new songs (especially on SYCMIOYO: the song takes off from the 2nd verse and from that point onwards it's way better than the album version)

Where did you download it? I've been searching for the longest time for a complete live version of City Of Blinding Lights.

Cheers,

J

I have the entire concert in mp3 if you want parts of it Jick? It's a fan recording, but the quality isn't too bad...not very good, but not bad.:shrug:

Dalton said:

2. I think that stems mostly from them being uncomforatable with the new material as of yet.

3. I have seen the boys enough in the past to know that these songs will be amazing when the tour rolls around.

4. I hope that they play a lot of their more rocking songs throughout the show. Out of Control, 11 O'Clock, Trip Through Your Wires, Wire, etc.

5. What are they going to do for the acoustic set. I hope In A Little While and Stay still get the due love.

Yup, here is a thread for people who are looking forward to the tour

i was about 5 feet from the stage for this show... and

1. yes they did

2. the only thing they were uncomfortable with was original of the species, and that still sounded good

3. the new songs DID blow me away... especially city of blinding lights

4. ummmm... they did play out of control

5. who cares.

Dalton said:

1. I thought the performance was great, but there were mistakes with Bono forgetting lines, etc. Still, it's early days and they got caught in the moment. The evidence is in the other performances, in particular, Radio 1 - still the best version of SYCMIOYO.

2. I really think Crumbs will be performed acoustically; if not right away, then eventually.

A friend recorded the concert on tape for my christmas present... And it's GREAT!!!

U2 really stopped the traffic, again!!!:wink:

Re: Re: Live Under Brooklyn Bridge

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i was about 5 feet from the stage for this show... and

1. yes they did

2. the only thing they were uncomfortable with was original of the species, and that still sounded good

3. the new songs DID blow me away... especially city of blinding lights

4. ummmm... they did play out of control

5. who cares.

Listen, there is no reason to act like an a-hole. I was not slamming the band. I downloaded the four-song set from itunes (I realize this is not the whole show) and the songs ABOY, SYCMIOYO, and Vertigo sound weak and clumsy next to I Will Follow.

What does this mean? Nothing. As I said, I think the boys will be in rare form on this tour. I am glad you were there, I am glad you liked it.

some one could send the whole show
i start to be crazy i can't find it anywhere i can't use itune.....

I haven't seen the performance as of yet but my guess of the bad sound had to due more likely of where they were playing and the fact that it was a last minute stunt, so it sounds.

I recorded the songs from the MTV special, minus the commercials and they sound great. :yes: Considering they haven't rehearsed that much. Watching the performances I really wish I had all the songs played under the bridge.. :cool: (still hoping for a dvd of this, yeah right)
This tour is going to be awe inspiring. :love:

sue4u2 said:
I recorded the songs from the MTV special, minus the commercials and they sound great. :yes: Considering they haven't rehearsed that much. Watching the performances I really wish I had all the songs played under the bridge.. :cool: (still hoping for a dvd of this, yeah right)
This tour is going to be awe inspiring. :love:

Send them to me atyclb4ever@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom