Live segues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
What do you think are the best segues?

Into Streets:
-Running to stand still
-Please
-Pride
-Bad
-All I Want is You

Into New year's Day:
-October
-Until the end of the World

Into Bullet the blue Sky:
-Miami
-Sunday Bloody Sunday(only Edge)
-Sunday Bloody Sunday(whole)
-Bad

Discotheque -> If You Wear That Velvet Dress -> WOWY deserve mention

The first 2 are really easy for me, but the Bullet one is a little more difficult.

Please > Streets :drool:

October > NYD

Dirty Day/For the First Time > Bullet The Blue Sky

I know it wasn't on your list, but I love those later ZooTV transitions. Miami is a very close second. I personally don't find the SBS and Bad segues into Bullet as being that great.

"Running To Stand Still" and "Please" into "Streets" are both still pretty inspiring. They're different enough that it's hard for me to prefer one over the other. I think ZooTV was the peak of normal "Streets" and PopMart "Streets" was something else entirely.

Anyone else like the way "Until the End of the World" fell apart into "If God Will Send His Angels" Lite during the early PopMart shows? "Discotheque" into "If You Wear That Velvet Dress" Lite was alright too.

I don't even consider "Bad" into "Streets" during Elevation or "Pride" into "Streets" during Vertigo segues. So the organ comes in a little early (after the first song has properly ended, even). Big deal.

The AIWIY -> Streets from Elevation was kick---ass! :drool: The ZooTV RTSS->Streets was pretty daggone good, too.

"Streets": "Please"

"New Year's Day": "October"

"Bullet the Blue Sky": "Miami" by default, but I agree that "Dirty Day" was the real winner even though it only happened like 0.2 times or whatever.

i LOVED the MLK > Streets at the superbowl.
also, Bad > 40 > streets during Elevation tour.

LAPOE > sunday bloody sunday is also a great one from the vertigo tour =)

gareth brown said:
sounds awesome!! Any chance you could upload it?

It's on my computer at school and I'm now at home. However, it is on the " " thread on this board in whatever section that has all the old u2 bootlegs (i forget what it's called)
it's the Glasgow show from '83, with Edge doing piano, irish flute and guitar...just awesome

My favorites are:

Please into Streets
Bad or Dirty Day into Bullet
Sunday Bloody Sunday into Bullet
Lemon into WOWY
Until the End of the World into New Year's Day

how about au cub dub into into the heart,lol DUHHHHH i like the zoo tv intro various noises and effects and chaos and insanity and then into zoo station. Thats realy puts over the whole trip from the 80;s to the 90's. The reinvention. Thats actuly is better then mabey all of these. i dunno if if connts as a seque, but its awesome no matter what it is. I am realy fond of the human rights sequnce into pride on vertgo tour. Thiers the elevation remix into elevation,lol The first part of that discotheque velvet dress WOWY also has the lemon remix. The pop muzac intro into mofo. That drinking song into lemon on zooropa tour,lol.

The winner of this thread is All I Want Is You --> Bad, which was done a couple of times on Lovetown. Almost a medley rather than a segue. Absolutely awesome, though.

Desire --> shredding solo --> All Along The Watchtower owned a whole lot too.

I just remembered "Mofo" into "I Will Follow." That was a pretty slick way to start a show. My favorite is the Santiago show where Edge fucks up the beginning of "I Will Follow."

Back
Top Bottom