Live Nation U2 Survey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Has anyone else gotten this?

Help shape the concert experience!

Take our U2 survey for a chance to win tickets to a future Live Nation concert!

We want to hear your thoughts and experiences about U2. Your feedback helps us to create unforgettable live music experiences for you, the fan.

Please click on the link below and answer the brief questions to be automatically entered into the drawing!

The survey asked me about my U2 concert buying habits, including how much I'd be willing to pay for tickets in certain sections, how many people I'd take with me and if I'd be interested in watching broadcasts of live shows at clubs.

Sort of interesting. I wonder if U2 is in the very, very, very early stages of planning a world tour and is trying to feel the kids out. I was also thinking that maybe U2 might be following Madonna's rumored path and leaving the big labels for a deal with Live Nation/Clear Channel.

I just got this in my email, and completed the survey. It made me :hyper: :drool: at the same time, just thinking that this has to mean U2 is at least in the planning stage of the next tour. And that my friends, is a very good thing. :yes:

Yep, got this too...very interesting that they are doing this survey. I wonder what this all means that they are doing this survey, never got something like that for anybody before!

Got it as well, very interested to read all the concert footage/video questions. I hope that more than production they focus on the whole concert experience for us. Travelling, downloading concerts, queuing, whatever.

I went on the cheap for the tickets too, because come on now, we're not millionares and SOMEONE has to fill a whole stadium hahah. And no way would I pay the same price for the front of the floor section and the back...are they nuts?

But I was intriegued by the survey as well and immediately thought it must have something to do with a future u2 tour. bring back the days of zoo and popmart i say!

Personally I hate the livenation monopoly and I would probably not like an exclusive arrangement between them and u2, but...what do I know?

I got it too and filled it out. Was surprised at the range they gave for what seemed to be GA.

Just getting it was very exciting though.

Having not seen the questions, and not going to see them due to not being in the US - does it actually seem like something that might be related to U2, or do you think it might be more generic questions about a large scale tour with "insert mega-act here" as an example, and that happens to be U2. Or perhaps you have all signed up for info about U2 and they're just using that database. Perhaps if you'd signed up for the Rolling Stones you'd get the exact same questions, just with the Rolling Stones in place of U2. Would be interesting to find out whether other people are getting this for other artists, or if any of you receive multiples. If it's just U2 fans getting U2 questions, and no-one else is getting this be it for U2 or anyone - then perhaps it is something directly U2 tour related.

a lot of the questions were related to U2, i.e. what albums and named all of the albums so you could tick which ones, what other U2 stuff do you own, do you own a u2 lithograph etc. Seemed pretty u2 related to me anyway. Although there were also general concert going questions also.

I went with the cheapest ticket prices for each category. If I were honest, I’d pay more than I said. But it someone is asking, what’s the harm in going low?

opaltranquility said:
I went on the cheap for the tickets too, because come on now, we're not millionares and SOMEONE has to fill a whole stadium hahah. And no way would I pay the same price for the front of the floor section and the back...are they nuts?

But I was intrigued by the survey as well and immediately thought it must have something to do with a future u2 tour. bring back the days of zoo and popmart i say!

Personally I hate the livenation monopoly and I would probably not like an exclusive arrangement between them and u2, but...what do I know?

I agree with opaltranquility. I'd love to see the boys in a
PopMart/ZooTv type production. At US$150+ to see them,
I do not think I could afford it though.

The Vertigo tour floor tickets were $51 and up. The show was
lovely. It wasn't huge and awe-inspiring like the ones I
mentioned above, but it was well priced/affordable
- for both fans and the band (in regards to production
costs).

The band, especially Larry, have regularly expressed
that they do not like to increase ticket prices and
hate it when their fans a forced to go to ticket brokers to
get tickets. I cannot imagine how much money the brokers
will get; those in my area were getting $350+ for floor tickets
to Vertigo. Wow!

I hope that if they are partnering with Live Nation this will not
negatively impact their prices or change their philosophy on
how they treat their fans or sell their tickets. However, it is my
experience that when a big name act signs on with them
things get crappy - usually at the expensive of the fans.
I would definitely not be happy about that. So unhappy,
in fact, that I might start writing letters to Principal
to let them know.

If they want to put on a large-scale production, they should
ask Apple to co-sponsor. They partnered with them before,
and it would allow the band to offset the production costs
that are incurred with a production the size of PopMart. This
would allow the band to put on the show they wanted
while reducing the per ticket cost.

Sorry for the long post, but this has really gotten me fired up.

And this just in: Even Madonna is close to inking a
deal with the devil Live Nation.

http://www.reuters.com/article/companyNewsAndPR/idUSN1028468920071011

"This would allow the band to put on the show they wanted while reducing the per ticket cost." What if U2 had actually wanted the past two tours to be significantly less prop-dependent than ZooTV or Popmart? Seems like I heard that the band wanted people to focus more on the music and not on the big screens and props. That's just my .02 .

adrobw said:
"This would allow the band to put on the show they wanted while reducing the per ticket cost." What if U2 had actually wanted the past two tours to be significantly less prop-dependent than ZooTV or Popmart? Seems like I heard that the band wanted people to focus more on the music and not on the big screens and props. That's just my .02 .

That would be great. I hope that's what they decide to do. If so,
they would a) want to do it in a venue type that would not
take away from the music (i.e. broad spaces like stadiums
that cause sound to "float" instead of being concentrated and
b) make the setup be more intimate to draw more attention
to what matters - the music. That would also mean
putting on a production that would cost less. I
think arenas would accommodate that better.

Sorry, adrobw. I'm not trying to piss on your statement. I'm
just making another comment. Please don't take offense to
my pissing & moaning. :)

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
a lot of the questions were related to U2, i.e. what albums and named all of the albums so you could tick which ones, what other U2 stuff do you own, do you own a u2 lithograph etc. Seemed pretty u2 related to me anyway. Although there were also general concert going questions also.

It really was very U2 specific. :yes:

vertpomme said:

I hope that if they are partnering with Live Nation this will not
negatively impact their prices or change their philosophy on
how they treat their fans or sell their tickets. However, it is my
experience that when a big name act signs on with them
things get crappy - usually at the expensive of the fans.
I would definitely not be happy about that. So unhappy,
in fact, that I might start writing letters to Principal
to let them know.

They've been partnered with TNA since Popmart I think, TNA became a division of SFX, which then became a division of Clear Channel, and then Clear Channel spun off their concert division into Live Nation, so this is not a new association for U2, it's just been through some mergers and then a spin off.

Interesting survey...I made sure to stay reasonable with the ticket prices...but why is this survey now?!?!? :confused:

I mean U2's base is so strong as long as they put out a strong album and tour the shows will sell out...right...:scratch:

Pop Artist said:

They've been partnered with TNA since Popmart I think, TNA became a division of SFX, which then became a division of Clear Channel, and then Clear Channel spun off their concert division into Live Nation, so this is not a new association for U2, it's just been through some mergers and then a spin off.

Ahh, that explains so much. Clear Channel blows too! They're all the devil! Haha! :D

Well, I for one was very pissed off about the pricing on the floor and the lower levels as well.

I made sure I chose "would not buy" until I got to the $60 range.

By choosing the cheapest price doesn't do any good. Saying that you won't buy them at the given price range says a whole lot more.

Also, did y'all read the rules and all the fine print? It says nothing about a U2 show. If you are the winner, you'll receive a pair of tickets valued at $100. You can use it at any Live Nation show in 2007 or 2008. That's all.

As far as the personal questions, I'm wondering what the reason is.

I'm also really afraid as to what's going to happen with the next U2 tour. If U2 can't set the pricing like they've done in the past and we all have to pay up like the Police tour, then most of us will only be able to afford one show. The reason why U2 sells out all of the time is because people like us that go to multiple shows. If this really happens, U2 will not be selling out arenas nor any stadiums at those prices.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :angry:

I hope and pray that U2 will not let this happen!

Allegra said:

As far as the personal questions, I'm wondering what the reason is.
For statistical purposes; to categorize the data.
Allegra said:
The reason why U2 sells out all of the time is because people like us that go to multiple shows. If this really happens, U2 will not be selling out arenas nor any stadiums at those prices.

Actually, the last atU2 survey indicated that is wasn't that big a percentage of fans who attend multiple shows.

Back
Top Bottom