Live Nation expands reach with U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

having some experience with the whole "VIP" thing... i did not see anyone in tuxedos and gowns like you seem to be making it out to be

I 'm not making anything out to be nor do I seem to do so. It wasn't the case in MSG, fine. But it was the case on the triple nights in Dublin and, much worse, in Amsterdam. It was horrible and everything but fair. Hopefully this misbehaviour & mistreatment will not become a tradition ...

one would assume dublin would be a mess as far as "VIP's" go with all the friends and family that they've accumulated over the years. :shrug:

i don't find it to be misbehaviour or mistreatment of anyone. nobody is not beling allowed into the ellipse because of VIPs... those spots were never up for grabs in the first place, and it's a fairly reasonable thing to understand.

if you were holding a huge event and had a large fan base, wouldn't you try to hold a number of the good seats for people who were close to you? i know a guy who coaches basketball at a fairly big division 1 school and he gets me good seats to any game i want to go to... is that being unfair to the fans just because i've known him since we were in high school?

Last edited:
On second thought - I am curious what the vocals and wrists have to say about 12 more years...

U2girl said:
On second thought - I am curious what the vocals and wrists have to say about 12 more years...

The vocals can handle it. The vocal chords are pretty forgiving if properly excercised and cared for, and we've already seen Bono make one comeback...

The wrists, I don't know, I have no idea how bad the problem is... they can always get Garth to fill in, he did pretty good with EBTTRT...

U2girl said:

Ever hear about Tony Bennett, the Toto singer, David Coverdale...
If you are carefull with your voice and use the right techniques, wich Bono are for the moment there will be no problems.

THE IRISH EMIGRANT - April 7, 2008 - Issue No. 1,105

U2 in major management deal

U2 has signed a 12-year deal under which Los Angeles-based entertainment group Live Nation will manage the band's concert tours and merchandising and maintain its website. While the value of the deal was not revealed it is generally agreed to be worth more than €300m.

That sure is a lot of money.

Val said:
THE IRISH EMIGRANT - April 7, 2008 - Issue No. 1,105

U2 in major management deal

U2 has signed a 12-year deal under which Los Angeles-based entertainment group Live Nation will manage the band's concert tours and merchandising and maintain its website. While the value of the deal was not revealed it is generally agreed to be worth more than €300m.

That sure is a lot of money.

What I don't understand about it (if above mentioned $300 is true), is how can they agree on such a deal before any tour started? This must mean that LiveNation and U2 already agree on the amount of Tours, ticketprices etc. Or am I wrong?

Maybe its a minimum, they probs have several clauses in there too.

Back
Top Bottom