Live is Where We Live: Miami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
The past week I have been thinking a lot about the best live performances of various songs. This is nothing new, I have been updating my "perfect" U2 concert for several years now (called The Goal is Soul incidentally :drool: ).

However, I always have the sensation that I might be missing a superior performance.

Add to that my new-found appreciation of Pop, it seemed the regular "best performance of xxx" seemed to focus on the warhorses. What about taking a look at some of the more obscure songs? Tapping into the collective knowledge seems to make sense, though obviously no definitive selection will be made, at least a short-list could be produced.

I also feel it is important that the recordings are of good sound quality, even if this excludes stellar performances. I know of some great renditions where the sound quality is execrable, which means it is no good for most people's use (car, iPod, stereo etc).
A link to download the track would be extra-super-cool :wink:
If this idea proves popular, it might serve to get us all through the dark dark no-U2 spring.

So with those conditions in mind, we could get on to the first song I am liable consider: Miami. I feel this song is quite average on the album (though fascinating), but live with the "cuba" snippet and extra guitar it is a pretty interesting track that could do with some more attention.

Any offers?

Last edited:
Miami live is definitely a whole different kind of beast than recorded. It makes me wish they'd tackled The Playboy Mansion live, and tried to find that groove.

But on your topic, I am far from an authority. Although, I imagine they may have attempted to deliver an extra-sweet version while IN Miami? Who knows. Axver probably will.

Try the one from Cologne (07/27/97) – where U2 delivered an inspired performance. Bono shouted out "Gianni" dedicated to the then murdered fashion designer Versace, and fittingly quoted The Beatles' "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" seguing into "Bullet". And of course you get "Cuba" & "My Mammy" ...

Tel Aviv popmart is mad... I remember all the synths seem turned up on everything!

I have only heard a few so far, but I'll throw in:

Leeds 28 August 1997
http://www.save file.com/files/1444238
Remove space between SAVE and FILE

Last edited:
I have a weird love hate relationship with this song. Musically I love this song, U2 doing Tricky, I love the idea, too bad Bono fucked it up with a shit lyric...

But I have to admit, it is fun live.

Leeds

That whole show rocks. Never have I heard the band so intense as on this recording.

Leeds is just an amazing gig, all-around..... they've rarely rocked as hard. Bono was in rare form that night!

theFly51 said:
Either from Edmonton or Foxboro...both versions :drool: :drool:

I have Foxboro, but the sound quality isn't that great from memory - I will have to listen again!

I don't have Edmonton; does anybody want to upload it to feel the group love?:drool:

what is that he says at the end of the song?

something like "Cuba, te quiero abrazar" ????

is it a song or something?, the thing is I've heard him say that a lot...

Back
Top Bottom