Live from Paris-The Complete U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FUIrish

The Fly
on The Complete U2 on ITunes, there are three tracks (even better than the real thing, love is blindness and all i want is you) from different singles (i know one of them is on the stuck in a moment single) that are listed as "Live in Paris"

does anyone know what year these tracks were recorded? they sound like they were from a smaller club gig and not a stadium tour.

It is actually 2 songs that are from Paris: Even Better Than The Real Thing and All I Want Is You. They were recorded on October 19, 2000 at the club Man Ray in Paris. This was the first promo show for the release of All That You Can't Leave Behind and these songs were recorded in front of about 600-800 people.

These songs were only released in France on a special Stuck In A Moment cd single that was limited to 15,000 copies and came in a white sleeve that had U2 embossed into it. Inside it included 6 postcards which featured 1 of the suitcase and heart symbol and 1 photo each of Bono, The Edge and Adam and 2 of Larry. Perhaps the French like Larry most?

The live recording of Love Is Blindness was recorded in New York in August 1992 and released on one of the Stay (Faraway, So Close!) singles in 1993.

Even Better... and All I Want is You - French Stuck B-sides recorded live from the All That... promo tour in 2000. A club show. The name of the club eludes me. Manray?

Love is Blindness - Stay B-side Yankee Stadium 1992.

Thanks alot folks! I figured the Paris ones were from the ATYCLB promo tour but I wasnt too sure.

The All I Want is You is possibly the best version I've ever heard, however the Mysterious Ways is BRUTAL with Bono pretty much forgetting the entire song!

Back
Top Bottom