Live concerts broadcasted by phone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OpperGoeroe

War Child
The Rolling Stones are giving a concert here in Holland and they're doing some new innovative stuff. During the concert you can dial a paid number and you can listen to the concert by phone.

It's pretty expensive though, but the idea can be great if it works. Although it will be more difficult to record concerts broadcasted by phone ;) Maybe U2 can use this technology too if they're back in Europe or anywere where they can use this stuff. If we can't get soundboard bootlegs through iTunes, then maybe by phone :|

What do you guys think of this idea/technology?

Actually it depends. If they are channelling the sound directly from the mics into the phone a bootleg could theoretically be soundboard quality, as it is possible to record a phone conversation. However, if it's some audience mic it might not be that great.

In the end, I think it's a pretty neat idea, and would love for U2 to do anything to aid the sharing of bootlegs. Go Stones.

sounds kinda dumb. sound quality would be terrible and you have to hold the phone up the whole time.

why not just stream it over the internet?

remember when U2 streamed the audio and video of the Elevation Notre Dame concert for free? now that was a good idea, this just seems like a stupid gimmick to make money.

Last edited:
Chizip said:
sounds kinda dumb. sound quality would be terrible and you have to hold the phone up the whole time.

why not just stream it over the internet?

remember when U2 streamed the audio and video of the Elevation Notre Dame concert for free? now that was a good idea, this just seems like a stupid gimmick to make money.
The Rolling Stones seem to do anything to make money these days.

My friend was on vienna vertigo show and i called him on his cell phone and the sound was great. He was on the stands very high on edge's side

aside from the momentary excitement of hearing a live concert through your little pinhole speaker, the practicality of listening to two hours of live music on a cell phone seems pretty unexciting. i'm pretty confident that with the rush of streaming or near-streaming video entering the cell phone universe that we will be WATCHING concerts by phone in the near future.

i can't get my mind off of the horrible quality of the "on hold" music that makes you want to smash your phone whenever you hear it and how i dont see the live concert audio being that much better...

i listened to a lot of the Vertigo tour opener this way, and it was fantastic. mty buddy left an almost full length '40' in my voicemail box too :rockon:

i wouldn't pay for it, though. no way.

Back
Top Bottom