Live Compilation vs. Live Single Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillyfan26

Blue Crack Supplier
Which would you prefer? A DVD of one single concert from a tour or a compilation of the best versions of each song on the tour released on DVD?

U2 has never done this (except maybe for Rattle and Hum, though that was just to get a feel for indoor/outdoor and only came from mostly two shows). I mean they could take COBL from this concert, or Vertigo from that, etc. They could be doing this with the last two legs filmed for iMax, and possibly released on DVD. :hmm:

So, which would you like? A Vertigo: Live from Milan or a Vertigo Tour summary DVD? (Milan as an example)

If they were truly outstanding performances, then the compilation dvd sounds like a pretty cool idea. If it were just a collection of performances---some outstanding and some just good---then I'd probably go for the single show.

I think that such a compilation would be best if it spanned several tours to really get the best performance of a song ever, as opposed to just on one tour. I'd be more interested in buying that than a summary dvd of one tour.

Single show. I don't trust them to pick the "best" performances, frankly. Hell I'd be happy if they ever released a single show without editing the shit out of it.

Compilation

Take Vert Tour for example

They could put First Time , Walk On Acoustic rare gems , eletric Wild Horses , Kite , Discotheque

And a tours compilation would even be better

Back
Top Bottom