Live Bono Interview On CNN Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Don't hold me to it, but a CNN commercial said he will be interviewed live by Anderson Cooper on his 360 show tonight

7 PM ET-I tried to double check that on their web site, but it is so full of convention stuff :huh:

Hi all -

I've also posted this in the U2 news section. If possible, please keep us posted on what Bono says, etc.

Thanks, and enjoy!

This only proves the fact that I must invest in Tivo before the marketing blitz for the new album - sad, but true :reject:

I'm going to try and record it with my new capture card and put it up on some webspace for everyone to download. I've made a couple test records and the hardware mpeg encoder outputs a very decent looking image.

^Good idea! My tape is ready to go but I'd probably download it too. :geek:

Techie2000 said:
I've uploaded the video. Thank you to neutral for hosting it for me.
QUOTE]

I think Techie2000 and Neutral are my new favorite people on the internet right now. You guys are going to spare me lots of heart attacks during the coming tour when I can't get to the vcr! (I nearly went insane during the last tour...) Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you...

discothequeLP said:
what did he talk about?

The usual: AIDS in Africa. Anderson Cooper did a better job interviewing him than the CNN hacks usually do. I guess since he's dreamy himself, he wasn't overwhelmed by Bono's dreaminess. Don't laugh; I've seen it happen with both men and women when they interview Bono.

I played with the settings of my encoder to try and get the best size vs quality setting. Anything lower/smaller and it would have looked ugly fullscreen, and I know many people like to play them fullscreen. Sorry about the size. I lack the proper encoders for converting it to windows media and real, although if you really want I might be able to convert it to a lower size/quality mpeg...

Techie2000 said:
I lack the proper encoders for converting it to windows media and real

I think EO Video could convert mpg to windows media, but I'm not sure. You can get it free for a trial period. But really, the sound quality of this interview was so poor that it might be difficult to understand if any audio quality is lost in the conversion. Neutral and I will be sharing this on U2BloodRedSkyHub if any of you have trouble getting it off the web. On the hub, you can take as long as you need to download these large files. (And I've got a bazillion more Bono interviews like this in my share...Neutral can vouch for me.)

drealynn42 said:
I think Techie2000 and Neutral are my new favorite people on the internet right now.

Yeah, I'll second that one! I'm downloading right now, and I can't wait to see it. Thanks heaps!

Back
Top Bottom