Live 8 - U2 to kick things off with Macca.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boozyuzi

Acrobat
The Sun has a piece about the potential Live8 gig today. The date is July 2nd. The venue - Hyde Park, London. They claim that it will be officially announced next week and that U2 and Paul McCartney will kick things off with a version of Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

"It was 20 years ago today" opening lyric will be a referance to Live Aid.

There's also a rumoured Live8 gig taking place at Murrayfield, Edinburgh on July 6th - which u2 could make.

Last edited:
I shall go and buy a copy right now. I have recently stopped buying The Sun every day, just on Saturdays now. Juts seems like I scroll thru it in 10 seconds, then it goes in the bin!:ohmy:

Any mention of Floyd re-uniting for it? I saw an article in the Star about that! That would be just amazing. U2 and Floyd at the same gig....:hyper: :faint:

It was on Digital Spy about Pink Floyd re-uniting for it but I can't see it. I think Roger may now be up for it but Dave Gilmour has lost all interest.

Don't mind Robbie, Madonna and Sting. And I suppose they have to have a couple of the 'new' acts on there too. Not a fan of Joss Stone myself....as long as they dont add the Scissor Sisters....:madspit:

U2 should play ireland as part flive8,. screw England bring U2 home, aned get Gary Moore, and Aslan to play as well.

If the info scrolling across on BBC News 24's ticker today is to be believed then it says that Paul McCartney and U2 will play in the Millenium Dome when it opens as an entertainment venue in April 2007!! :confused: :shrug:

U2 and the Floyd should combine Achtung and Darkside of The Moon and play through it together:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

With help from an orchestra:wink:

Adam confirms in today's Boston Globe that U2 will take part in the upcoming "Live 8" concert to help fight poverty in Africa. The concert is set for July 2nd, the same date as a Vertigo Tour concert in Vienna. Adam says U2 will perform earlier in the day in London.

ZeroDude said:
U2 and the Floyd should combine Achtung and Darkside of The Moon and play through it together:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

With help from an orchestra:wink:

After that i could die with a smile all across my head

I read the Spice girls :yikes: might perform. I hope its not true

Spice girls :no:

Back
Top Bottom