little trivia questions I want answers to

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foray

Rock n' Roll Doggie
- How long ago did Bono stop smoking? After ZooTV?

- Have U2 ever attended other bands' gigs? I know that they saw Sinatra in concert where Blue Eyes remarked 'these guys are the biggest band in the world... but they haven't spent a dime on clothes'. Any other artiste?

- Does anyone else think Edge looks really really... really really ridiculously good-looking in the 'Unforgettable Fire' video?

- What happened to Mother Records, the record company U2 set up to help out local irish bands?

- I finally figured out why Bono was called the Green Tornado! Green= cos he's Irish, Tornado= cos he's everywhere onstage. Am I correct?

- So. Who died in the AIWIY video?

- Can you tell me where I can find the early live versions of 'A Sort Of Homecoming'? The one that has a short buildup... I can't describe it well, all I know is it's different from the album version... urgh... nevermind.

foray

- i read Bono quit smoking while they were recording ATYCLB, plus he reduced his drinking, which helped his voice

- Edge said in an CNN interview he saw Radiohead live.

I don't know the answers to the other questions.

------------------

be uncool, yes be awkward

Someone here said he saw, or someone he knew saw, all four guys at a Bon Jovi (?) concert on the first leg.

Yes, Edge is a looker in the UF vid.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

[This message has been edited by martha (edited 01-13-2002).]

hi,
-don't know when he quit smoking, but i guess i wouldn't be telling a secret (since bono announced in oakland 11/15/01) if i told that he had been smoking again recently but was trying to quit.

-i know they used to, don't know how much recently

-that's a big 10-4

-no clue

-sound reasonable to me.

-it's not clear in the literal, the guy physically dies, but she is buried. it's a metaphor for his love/desire/fantasy.

-no

may be no help at all, but i killed 10 minutes on a lazy sunday afternoon. and that's good for something. lynn

Originally posted by foray:
- Does anyone else think Edge looks really really... really really ridiculously good-looking in the 'Unforgettable Fire' video?

Yes. Me. Larry looks pretty damn fine as well...

- So. Who died in the AIWIY video?

No idea. The woman? The midget's identical twin? I just saw this one today, too. Baffling.

- Can you tell me where I can find the early live versions of 'A Sort Of Homecoming'? The one that has a short buildup... I can't describe it well, all I know is it's different from the album version... urgh... nevermind.

Well, if you get MTV2, you can tape the video of it. See the "MTV2-all of U2s Videos today!" thread for more info.

What do you mean by shows they have gone to fors? I know they have seen REM, and Im oretty sure they have been seen at a Live concert. They prolly hang out at most of them.

As for the qu re: AIWIY, I asked this question once about 1 year ago, and somene actually gave a very likely answer. No one I dont think really knows, but I asked cos it was bugging me for years too. Bummer is I cant remmember what the answer was. I always thought it was the woman too though.

You know, I could be talking out of my arse, but I think Mother Records may still exist, or at least did a few years ago. I've got a copy of Bjork's 1997 record Homogenic with a logo on the back that says 'Mother' together with a little icon of a fetus or infant. Whether this is the same Mother Records I dunno.

Bono was suppose to have quit smoking for ATYCLB sessions. But i have heard he does sneak a few drags in here and there.

U2 have seen plenty of people. From Pearl Jam to Sinatra, to Radiohead and REM, to some blues singer to Prince and Johnny Cash, Dylan etc etc.......

I think Mother Records still exists but U2 no longer has any association with it.

Who the hell knows about the AIWIY video. Still baffles me! But i just think the woman committed suicide after she saw how she was making the midgets life hell.

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
Well, if you get MTV2, you can tape the video of it. See the "MTV2-all of U2s Videos today!" thread for more info.

That's that audio from Wide Awake in America.

------------------
They say that magic and the science world collide
Oh, but Einstein saw me lookin' at her and he joined my side

Jonathan Richman
"A Higher Power"

Back
Top Bottom