listening to live in sarejevo 97' right now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
dig it.

band sounds good; bono's voice not optimum, but ok.

setlist is interesting to hear after elevation tour.

"viva sarejevo! kiss the future!":bono:

hey sicy:

does your family do the traditional sicilian christmas eve dinner with all the clamari, scungilli, etc.?

mine does and I'm READY to eat.:up:

a little off topic, sorry.:wink:

No for some reason we have normal food like ham and mashed potatoes and crap like that.

Sicy said:
No for some reason we have normal food like ham and mashed potatoes and crap like that.

did I ever tell you they were gonna shoot an episode of the sopranos in my parents house?:yes:

they didn't end up doing it though.

anyways....uh...yeah, this u2 in sarejevo is great.:wave:

yeah, it's true....about a year ago a realtor friend of my mother's called her and said the producers for the show were looking for some "real italian" looking homes, so she recommended my parents house.
the producers went by and took pictures of the house, but ended up going with a different house instead.

I've actually only seen 3 episodes of it; I'm surrounded everyday by guys who think they're tony soprano...I don't care to watch the show.:|

Sicy:

you will not believe me probably but I just had lunch with the guy that plays carmine on the sopranos; I think his name is tony in real life.
I was at this little italian place in town with a friend and it's real old school, so we sat at a long table and my friend says to me "hey, the guy sitting right next to you plays carmine on the sopranos". so we ended talking to him for a while.
nice guy.
smokes too much though.
but I didn't complain..........:no: :sexywink:

Hello,

I think I'll try to steer this topic back to the original subject. :)

Coincidentally, I just listened to that concert last week, it was in my car CD changer. After I'd read the article about U2 in Sarajevo in the NME Originals issue I really wanted to hear that recording again. It's sooooo emotional.
Bono already started the show with a rough voice, but during the chorus of Last Night On Earth you can hear it snap. From then on, the concert really becomes something terrific, as the whole stadium carries on, supporting Bono and the band. Hear how they drown out the band on I Still Haven't Found and especially Stand By Me. It's from an audience that has experienced so much terror and sadness that they feel relieved they can let all that negative energy go not needing all kinds of acts or tricks, but just a band with a real heart and soul: U2.

I still get emotional just thinking about what I've heard on CD...

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

I think I'll try to steer this topic back to the original subject. :)

Coincidentally, I just listened to that concert last week, it was in my car CD changer. After I'd read the article about U2 in Sarajevo in the NME Originals issue I really wanted to hear that recording again. It's sooooo emotional.
Bono already started the show with a rough voice, but during the chorus of Last Night On Earth you can hear it snap. From then on, the concert really becomes something terrific, as the whole stadium carries on, supporting Bono and the band. Hear how they drown out the band on I Still Haven't Found and especially Stand By Me. It's from an audience that has experienced so much terror and sadness that they feel relieved they can let all that negative energy go not needing all kinds of acts or tricks, but just a band with a real heart and soul: U2.

I still get emotional just thinking about what I've heard on CD...

Marty

What a coincidence Marty...I listened to Popmart Sarajevo several times this past week as well...on a daily basis during the last hour of my work day. I simply love it, it?s pure emotion, a special moment in time captured in a simple disk. Best performance of Last Night on Earth ever, if not because of Bono and his pain and despair about loosing his voice, but because of Edge and his astonishing performance, what a great guitar solo...The whole concert is a gem and a must have, no doubt. :up:

sorry.:|

it is a great concert of course.

maybe I could've asked tony if he ever heard it too.:lmao:

JOFO said:
Sicy:

you will not believe me probably but I just had lunch with the guy that plays carmine on the sopranos; I think his name is tony in real life.

I dont know anyone named Carmine on the Sopranos.. :confused: Maybe I'm not there yet.. I'm only on Season 2 episode 7/8/9 :der:
I dont have hbo :rant:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Ok, Sarajevo is a kickass boot. :up:

But, no :censored: way about the Sopranos. :shocked: :drool:

<----addicted lmao

swear to God.

apparently, carmine is the ny mob boss on the show, whereas tony soprano is the nj boss.

Interesting. :der: we may not have seen him yet.

In any case.. that's pretty cool. I'd love to meet one of the sopranos. :drool:

Its a magnificent show and one of my favourite bootlegs..when Bono does lose his voice it doesn't seem to matter too much because they are playing for the moment and the crowd capture the emotion perfectly...probably the finest and most emotive version of Please I've heard so far

Back
Top Bottom