Listening to HTDAAB right now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Answer Guy is dismantling it on @U2, and I don't know why he writes that... read especially AMAAW - it's really underestimated song

jendzi said:
Answer Guy is dismantling it on @U2, and I don't know why he writes that... read especially AMAAW - it's really underestimated song

you dunno why he writes what?

It's a great album, no doubt about that. :) I like it more and more with each passing day, if that's possible, considering the fact that I adored it upon first listen. I was worried at first that I might grow tired of it, but it thankfully hasn't happened yet.

Agreed Gibsongirl, I thought it might be too accessible at first, but I'm still loving it, and I honestly think its more of a grower than it seemed at first.

This album really is brilliant. BRILLIANT! Every song is so great in its own way. The guitar parts in Love and Peace are just unreal. This is truely new ground for The Edge. And his work on COBL Is just so precision, so tight. Don't even get me started on Miracle Drug. And :drool: that solo in ABOY. Gibby must totally agree with me on this one.

GibsonGirl said:
It's a great album, no doubt about that. :) I like it more and more with each passing day, if that's possible, considering the fact that I adored it upon first listen. I was worried at first that I might grow tired of it, but it thankfully hasn't happened yet.

Yeah, yes! This album is so accesible on first listen, that if you're not careful you miss so much on it. I have to agree with some posters here that some mixes could've been done better (COBL while a GREAT song is muddle somewhat), but overall this is a great album. Crumbs takes my breath away as I listen past the chiming guitar and here the power chords Edge is hammering out, or the great subtle power of One Step Closer. Or how about the great (underestimated) melody of LAPOE?

This album is going to be huge, no matter what some people here think.

Great post. It's funny cuz I came back tonight and listened to the whole thing straight, loud and the whole way through, and was looking for a thread to say how great this album is. It's absolutely incredible.

I turned up the volume on it and proclaimed that it has to win at the 2006 grammys for album of the year there just isnt a weak link on it.

I don't know why Answer Guy just tries to pick out tiny flaws just to make everyone pissed :down:
You know, I've also noticed that during refrain Edge plays chords from Pictures of you (The Cure)... but how can you build critic on things like that? How many chords are used on HTDAAB, how many bells are in CFYT and so on.
Hope you'll understand what I'm saying ;)

Dalton said:

I don't hate any U2 album and HTDAAB may be my favorite of the bunch.

Why would you think I hated it?
Aw sorry, wrong name. There are a few posters that slam the album and I thought you were one of them for some reason.

After listening to Fast Cars, the rest of the album seems a little bland... I just heard it for the first time this afternoon, and it's so fresh and rippin. Plus, the sound quality seems really great compared to the other songs. The song has depth in sound.

This should be a single for Heaven's sake!!!! If they want to fuck up the mainstream, go for it with this song!:evil:

Bomb is brilliant, U2 are masters at their craft. No one, I repeat, No one, makes music this good.

However, the production & sound quality on this album definitely lacks in some areas. That is something I wouldn't have noticed when I was 18. But being an avid music fan @ the ripe ol' age of 29, I can pick up on these things. You would think they would have tweaked certain parts or let Larry shine some more....But that's why they get paid the big bucks and why I sit here and talk about the band.

HTDAAB in concert, will be a zillion times better than listening to the CD if you can imagine that !

Excellent, excellent album.:up:

roy said:
HTDAAB is such an awsome record. The 1st 5 songs are the best run of songs on any U2 album IMO.

If the The first 5 songs on the Joshua Tree were at the end of that album then I might agree with you. :wink:

jendzi said:
I don't know why Answer Guy just tries to pick out tiny flaws just to make everyone pissed :down:
You know, I've also noticed that during refrain Edge plays chords from Pictures of you (The Cure)... but how can you build critic on things like that? How many chords are used on HTDAAB, how many bells are in CFYT and so on.
Hope you'll understand what I'm saying ;)

That's retarded. I remember there was this one site dedicated to exposing artists that blatantly rip off parts from other artists, and one person said "THIS ONE CORD IN BOOTIFULL DAY IZ DA SAEM AS DIS CORD IN ANUTHER SONG LOLOLOL!!11111 U2 R COPICATZ!!!111111//#$%^78" Yeah, U2 are real ripoffs because they used ONE CHORD FROM ANOTHER SONG. it's not like, you know, the G chord is in over half of the songs ever written or anything. :rolleyes:

Back to the original topic... I often wonder if How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is truly a perfect album. It's not my favourite U2 album, but it's hard for me to find flaws in this one. Every song is classic. There are no truly weak tracks. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and Original of the Species are two of the greatest songs U2 has ever written. What a brilliant album!

Back
Top Bottom