listen careful to promenade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
is it my copy of UF, or is there a flaw in Promenade at 0:34 ? during the line "...a staircase...to the higher ground.." i can detect a small flaw. my disc doesn't appear to have any scratch on it. so i was hoping that others could listen careful and tell me if theirs is the same.
thanks.

i'll have a listen to it mate and get back to ya, one of my fav songs, so it's of interest to me

I always hear a slight glitch or "bump" during Promenade, but I can't remember exactly where it is at the moment. I always attributed it to the fact that I bought a used copy of UF. :hmm:

Last edited:
Sounds like Larry slipping on his bass drum. I hear *thump thump-clunk*. Maybe his foot slipped on the pedal. That would be his second drumming mistake on that album, only this one isn't as funny.

I heard it! It does sound like someone bumping a microphone. (I know it's not the disk because I just got it for Christmas two months ago.)

And is it just me, or does this song sound alot like something Coldplay would do? :hmm:

And, is it just me, or is this song TOO SHORT? :(

Last edited:
ThatGuy said:
Sounds like Larry slipping on his bass drum. I hear *thump thump-clunk*. Maybe his foot slipped on the pedal. That would be his second drumming mistake on that album, only this one isn't as funny.

whoa...what is the first one??

*totally had no idea*

I think the first one was at the beginning of Unforgettable Fire... where someone's saying "shit"... right before the song starts. (Larry missed his timing ...something to that effect)

Last edited:
Yeah, Larry starts counting in too early on The Unforgettable Fire, then says, "Shit!"

Back
Top Bottom