Listed Thread: Top 5 U2 songs that make you cry.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isabelle_guns

Refugee
1. One
2. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your own.
3. Let Them know it's X-mas (yeah I know it's a Band-Aid song)
4. Stay (Far Away So Close).
5. Walk on

1) SYCMIOYO
2) Grace
3) COBL
4) A Sort Of Homecoming
5) So Cruel

5 of the most beautiful songs Ive ever heard, right there.

Van Diemen's Land
A Sort of Homecoming
One
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Tomorrow

...could do that

how about IGWSHA? thats a great song

one
if god will send his angels
one step closer
all i want is you
running to stand still

and honorable mention to wake up dead man:sad:

01 Stuck in a moment
02 Refugee
03 Mysterious Ways
04 The Wanderer
05 Mofo

Five songs that make me cry, because they're terrible!!

1. Discotheque - Every U2 fan has cried to this song as the first time they heard it they thought it was the end of U2 and they would never recover from such an embarrassing song. (Fast forward to 2002, U2 are hot off their phenomenal comeback with ATYCLB and they actually fixed the embarrassment of Discotheque by making a much much better mix in the Best Of 1990-2000 collection)

2. Beautiful Day - Tears of joy! Oh my God, I can't believe U2 are back! My oh my, they can still recover from a setback like Pop! Wow, what a band!

3. Wake Up Dead Man - The end of the song makes me cry the same way a hostage cries when he is released from a hostage crisis. It's like "wow, the torture is finally over." Well, after hearing the songs in POP, you just want it to end, and when it does end, it brings you to tears.

4. Stuck In A Moment (see #2)

5. Elevation (see #2)

Cheers,

J

Electrical Storm
kitsig.jpg

Walk On
Stay
Sometimes
One Step Closer

1.- Love is blindness :sad:
2.- Bad
3.- Stay
4.- Beatiful Day
5.- With or Without you
6.- SYCMIOYO
7.- The Unforgettable Fire
8.- Grace

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Mothers of the Disappeared
Drowning Man
Kite (the Slane performance)
Tomorrow

jick said:
1. Discotheque - Every U2 fan has cried to this song as the first time they heard it they thought it was the end of U2 and they would never recover from such an embarrassing song. (Fast forward to 2002, U2 are hot off their phenomenal comeback with ATYCLB and they actually fixed the embarrassment of Discotheque by making a much much better mix in the Best Of 1990-2000 collection)

you forgot to say "every u2 fan in my home" or something like that

1. walk on (single version)
2. bad
3. with or without you
4. i still haven't found what im looking for
5. all i want is you

1. Walk On [Single or Hallelujah Version]
2. Beautiful Day
3. The First Time
4. Bad
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

i've developed a real problem with Beautiful Day over the past six months - it really tears me up when I hear it.

jick said:

2. Beautiful Day - Tears of joy! Oh my God, I can't believe U2 are back! My oh my, they can still recover from a setback like Pop! Wow, what a band!

3. Wake Up Dead Man - The end of the song makes me cry the same way a hostage cries when he is released from a hostage crisis. It's like "wow, the torture is finally over." Well, after hearing the songs in POP, you just want it to end, and when it does end, it brings you to tears.

4. Stuck In A Moment (see #2)

5. Elevation (see #2)

Cheers,

J

lol

1.Running to stand still
2.Beautiful day
3.I still havent found... (popmart version)
4.Sometimes you cant make it...
5.Please

Ok so much for my attempt at humor. The song that brought me closest to tears - tears of joy actually is Miracle Drug.

During my devirginization process for HTDAAB, after I heard Vertigo I thought the whole album would be an attempt to sound rocking. When I played the album, I started with Vertigo even if I heard it already many times. Then song #2 comes in - even with the first lines "I wanna trip inside your head" - I was like "wow I can't believe U2 can still sound very U2 and so fresh". I was smiling the whole time I listened to the song - perhaps even close to tears of joy.

Cheers,

J

1. One Tree Hill
2. Kite (Slane Performance)
3. A Sort of Homecoming
4. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
5. Yahweh

- Kite
- Miracle Drug
- Yahweh
- One
- New York