Listed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

~BrightestStar~

Blue Crack Supplier
Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikea
Just an FYI
Muchmusic did a list of the top/best 40 albums of the last 25 years.
They made special note that U2 was the *only* group to make the list twice.

1. Nirvana - Nevermind
2. MJ - Thriller
3. U2 - Joshua Tree :heart:
39. U2 - The Unforgettable fire

I'm a little surprised that something like achtung baby or something didn't make it.....of course, there was *no* doubt JT would be there.

ha, i'd seen this back over the hollydays. i too was very surprised that achtung was not on the list, but even more surprised to see that the unforgettable fire made the cut.

:up:

Achtung should have been 3rd, joshua 4th,but that's my opinion.
What's so good in Nevermind, it has only like 5 songs??

They said U2 was the only group with 2 album on the top 40. However, I also agree that AB would have been a more appropriate choice.

~BrightestStar~ said:
Just an FYI
Muchmusic did a list of the top/best 40 albums of the last 25 years.
They made special note that U2 was the *only* group to make the list twice.

1. Nirvana - Nevermind
2. MJ - Thriller
3. U2 - Joshua Tree :heart:
39. U2 - The Unforgettable fire

That list is a crock. AB should definately be number 1 and they should have at least 5 albums on the list. Thrillier------Too high. Fellow Seattlite Quincy Jones is a genius and that album should be attributed to him not that child molestor. Now as for Nevermind---I love this album. I'm from Seattle, was in Seattle during the Nirvana boom and understand 100% where Kurt Cobain was coming from with his music. We come from the same world and I hear that world in his music. I'm definately down with Nirvana, but I firmly believe AB is a better album than Nevermind. AB is an aesthetic and songwriting masterpiece. Nevermind is a generational and songwriting masterpiece. So when it comes down to it those aesthetic qualities make AB a higher artistic accomplishment in my mind. I think the generational connotations is why Nevermind regularly tops these kinds of lists. Generational connotations do not represent great art in my mind, though

Ack, I never got what the big deal was with Nevermind. I mean, Nirvana was a good grunge band, but they weren't amazing.

The Pixies trounce them, anyway. :wink:

Ah, I only caught the first part of the countdown! I was both surprised and elated that they included UF in the list. You almost never hear the album being mentioned on these music channels - it's usually just The Joshua Tree you hear about. I didn't see the last part, but I must say, I'm a little surprised that AB didn't make the top twenty. JT was a given, but I really thought they would have included AB. Ah well, I'm not complaining. :wink:

Oh, and Nirvana are very overrated, in my opinion. I've never understood the appeal of frontmen who yodel and scream into the microphone, rather than sing.

Back
Top Bottom