list of early song, wanna make sure its complete

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derrick_rossign

Acrobat
hey im making a compilation, gonna post it in Music on the Internet when it's finished, but i wanted to make sure its complete. the compilation is early U2 songs that they performed, but was never released on an album, as a b-side, etc. so, based on another bootleg a downloaded and u2start.com, these are the mp3s i can obtain for the compilation

sliver lining
speed of light OR speed of life
magic carpet
cartoon world
jack in the box
father is an elephant
carry me home
trevor
the king's new clothes
inside out
the dream is over
the fool
alone in the light
and, although it was released on an album, a live version of i fall down (included because it has no piano and sounds almost like a new song)

if i am missing any, please post the song name, date performed and an mp3 link if possible, thanks.

Last edited:
Demos / Outtakes :

Tonight
Trevor
Inside Out
Jack In The Box
Street Mission
Shadows And Tall Trees
The Fool
The Magic Carpet
Twilight
Another Time Another Place
Alone In The Light
False Prophet
Out Of Control
A Day Without me
The Dream Is Over

Early Live :

Cartoon World
Speed Of Life
Inside Out
Jack In The Box
Shadows And Tall Trees
The Kings New Clothes
Trevor
The Magic Carpet
Silver Lining
Electric Co.
Glad To See You Go
Pete The Chop
Father Is An Elephant

Early Singles / B-Sides :

Out Of Control
Stories for Boys
Boy / Girl
Another Day
Twilight
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Touch
I Will Follow
Boy / Girl (Live)
Out Of Control (Live)
A Day Without Me
Things To Make And Do

Early Live / Sessions :

(Skinner)

I Will Follow
Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart

(OGWT)

The Ocean
11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Extras :

Stories For Boys (Alt. Mix)
I Will Follow (Special DJ Edited Version)
I Will Follow (without count in)
Fire Riff (Boy Outro)

Here are some covers made by greenlight 7/11 of a compilation I made a couple of years back :

FrontCover.jpg

BackCover-1.jpg

derrick_rossign said:
and, although it was released on an album, a live version of i fall down (included because it has no piano and sounds almost like a new song)

I understand it was called When I Fall Down at the time.

Some of the early versions of October songs might also merit inclusion. The performances on 16 August 1981, Slane are markedly different to what appears on the album. October has much longer rambly lyrics, for example.

I think your post and U2NativeSon's covers all (or at least nearly all!) of the songs for which we have recordings, either live or studio. To get dates in order, here's the early recording sessions U2 did:

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1478.html
http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show850.html
http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show1479.html

Oh, and there's also an early studio version of A Day Without Me floating around, I think it's from the U2:3 sessions.

With or Without You was performed on the Rattle and Hum DVD, BUT NOT PUT ON THE CD/Album. I had it twice and lost it. It's one of my all time favorites. There is/are also the songs from the 2001 Tour where the band allowed the audience to tape their shows (each show being different- and/or comments from Bono being different. I have the entire show from 08/08/01...There was a member, here on interference, back in 2001 that had actually recorded all the Boston Shows. He then offered, and delivered on his offer copies to anyone who wanted them. A true U2 fan he is indeed....not to mention the amount of work involved. I also have one of the 2001 San Diego, CA shows. Point being, there's many out there of songs that YES were on a CD, But not ever released live on a CD. To get them, you have to know someone with a bootleg....but I can't imagine or even guess how many songs are out there. If I misinterpreted what you're looking for, I apologise. Good luck with your project!

Varitek said:
^ This isn't 2001... just go to u2start.com and enjoy.

I got that. However, during the 2001 show, there were "OLD" songs that were sung that ARE bootlegs, like "Gloria" etc. That's what I was trying to say.

U2NativeSon said:
Demos / Outtakes :

Tonight
Trevor
Inside Out
Jack In The Box
Street Mission
Shadows And Tall Trees
The Fool
The Magic Carpet
Twilight
Another Time Another Place
Alone In The Light
False Prophet
Out Of Control
A Day Without me
The Dream Is Over

Early Live :

Cartoon World
Speed Of Life
Inside Out
Jack In The Box
Shadows And Tall Trees
The Kings New Clothes
Trevor
The Magic Carpet
Silver Lining
Electric Co.
Glad To See You Go
Pete The Chop
Father Is An Elephant

Early Singles / B-Sides :

Out Of Control
Stories for Boys
Boy / Girl
Another Day
Twilight
11 O'Clock Tick Tock
Touch
I Will Follow
Boy / Girl (Live)
Out Of Control (Live)
A Day Without Me
Things To Make And Do

Early Live / Sessions :

(Skinner)

I Will Follow
Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart

(OGWT)

The Ocean
11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Extras :

Stories For Boys (Alt. Mix)
I Will Follow (Special DJ Edited Version)
I Will Follow (without count in)
Fire Riff (Boy Outro)

Here are some covers made by greenlight 7/11 of a compilation I made a couple of years back :

Could you upload it somewhere?
Many Thanks!

U2JudyM said:
There is/are also the songs from the 2001 Tour where the band allowed the audience to tape their shows

This never happened. U2 has never officially approved any kind of fan taping (despite a couple of comments that appear to tacitly condone it). That's why they're called bootlegs: they're done without the permission or authorisation of the band. All the shows, including the 2001 ones you reference, were recorded by tapers who smuggled equipment into the venue.

And Gloria wasn't done in 2001. It wasn't performed at all live between 9 January 1990 and 30 March 2005. I'm guessing you're thinking of the return of songs like Out Of Control and 11 O'clock Tick Tock, which did appear on the Elevation Tour.

I'd also appreciate an upload, there's a few things on here I don't have
(Inside Out, King's New Clothes, Glad to see you go, father is an elephant, silver lining)

yourwildhorses @ gmail.com

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom