Lillywhite says: single on November 8

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also from that site,

Propaganda will be folding soon, U2 are working out how to do it.

That really makes absolutely no sense. Single November 8 and album November 22? I don't think this album is coming out this year... :sad:

InALittleWhile9 said:
That really makes absolutely no sense. Single November 8 and album November 22? I don't think this album is coming out this year... :sad:

Whyever not? If the single is on 8 November, it has to come out this year. Furthermore, 8 November for a single and 22 November for the album makes perfect sense. Short gap, ultra-hype.

i definitely applaud the band for going back into the studio this soon.

"Solar" was great, and i can't wait for their new stuff!

"U2 have revealed that their forthcoming album will be called All That You Can't Leave Behind and is released through Universal-Island in late October.

It'll be preceded by the release of a new single, "Beautiful Day," on October 9th. "

..........and we all know Beautiful Day was on the internet by August.

would this single be "native son"?

I hope it is and not some song with a long winded plain title like 'sometimes you cant make it on your own', 'all because of you' or 'lead me in the way i should go'....very dull titles like stuck in a moment you cant get out of.....

we need someting short and snappy, like Native Son or JAHWEH....

For the record, the first we heard of Beautiful Day was the clip released on u2.com on 31st July 2000- four years ago tomorrow- so i think we should at least get a clip sometime around mid-August. Then more clips from other songs on the album as the release date gets closer.

Of course, that could all change if someone leaks them.

We're getting closer and closer all the time. Just think back to the beginning of this year and how November sounded soooo far away. We've come a long way. Just a little longer...

martha said:
But then it wouldn't qualify for the Grammies and all that free publicity.

Cheeky little basts that they are, they're going to do the same trick as last time. Have the first single out in time for next year's Grammys, but have the album out after the cutoff date.....then they can double up on "Best Song" or "Best Rock Song" and what have you, since the rest of the album's tracks are eligible the year after (hence how "BD" and "Walk On" won back to back Record of the Year awards)...

Back
Top Bottom