L'ille Maddie has a question on Bono's guitaring!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Ok ok ok, right now this question may make u wanna strap me down and whip my ass for not paying enough attention, but twuth is, me dont know all and where and when and what its at, ok?
biggrin.gif

So, question is.........(or maybe its most songs)

But, which songs can you actually hear Bono play guitar on.......

All I know is Staring At The Sun and possibly (?) Angel of Harlem?

I need to wind my earknob up to top volumne totty base speaker and scream at all a Bono's thumb strums, ya get?

Thanks!!!!

biggrin.gif

Exit - it?s that strange but somehow cool sounding noice
biggrin.gif

------------------
I'm a bass player. That's a "singer" question. Lord Adam Clayton

"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Last Nite On Earth in Mexico City. When Edge is playing the solo in LNOE you can hear Bono's electric rhythm guitar.

Same for Gone in Boston. He plays a few chords.

Also on Stay in Sydney, Bono plays acoustic rhythm

The solo in The Wanderer is Bono as well.

Originally posted by mad1:
Ok ok ok, right now this question may make u wanna strap me down and whip my ass for not paying enough attention, but twuth is, me dont know all and where and when and what its at, ok?
biggrin.gif

So, question is.........(or maybe its most songs)

But, which songs can you actually hear Bono play guitar on.......

All I know is Staring At The Sun and possibly (?) Angel of Harlem?

I need to wind my earknob up to top volumne totty base speaker and scream at all a Bono's thumb strums, ya get?

Thanks!!!!

biggrin.gif

apparently Bono came up with a lot of intersting stuff on Exit and With or Without You as Im sure he does with lots of other songs.
As far as live goes he plays a great little solo/intro thing at the start of One at Irving Plaza(and other elevation shows)

Also that Green guitar of his looks damn cool

[This message has been edited by stormyclouds (edited 05-02-2002).]

You can definately hear him in Gone and the start of One. If you listen carefully you can hear him playing on I Will Follow on the DVD but it sounds terrible and not right for the song. Why he chose to play it on their I dont know...not really neccessary.

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

i was at the colombus ohio show during popmart and during "one" there was a technical problem with bono's guitar. you can tell that he makes an impact on the song because it was just "edge" up there playing the song.

Back
Top Bottom