Like a song. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acrobatic

War Child
I guess what everyone is basically trying to say is that it is "Like a Song", OK, not Like a Song but rather like a song (another U2 masterpiece). You must admit, even if you don't think it's their best work, it is a masterpiece. Afterall, it has surpassed all their other songs (newer) to make it on this track list and even more, become their first single.

I digress though, I do hear or get the same feeling I get when I hear Vertigo as I do when I hear "Like a Song" to me it has that same energy and an exaggeration of the same rhythm - especially around the 2:14 point when it's a little quiet. Regardless of what you think, it is brilliant and we'll all continue to hear and contribute comments and criticisms until the release of HTDAAB.

What it really should come down to is: Do you enjoy it? Does it entertain you the slightest? If so, go with that and enjoy the ride. . .

acro bc

Hey, they do sound similar, don't they.

Oh yea, "Like a Song" live? :ohmy: :drool: :hyper: :up:

I didn't even think about it being played live (ok, that's half true) but now that I am thinking that way, I believe there's no better time than now for them to play it. It's such a powerful song and Bono's voice in Vertigo brings me back there (to War).

Tonight, tomorrow's too late. . .

acro bc

PS - Anyone from the Central Florida region? I'm getting a little discouraged being a newbie here (posting) on Interference and here in Lakeland and there's no meetup or gatherings that I know of like around the rest of the country I've been.

Acrobatic said:
PS - Anyone from the Central Florida region? I'm getting a little discouraged being a newbie here (posting) on Interference and here in Lakeland and there's no meetup or gatherings that I know of like around the rest of the country I've been.

Hi! I'm in Tampa :wave:

There's a few of us here in the area - but since not a whole lot is going on U2 wise, I guess we've slacked on the idea of hanging out and what not. Around the time of the tour, though - be ready!!

Edit to add: Of course there's stuff going on U2 wise - but well, my point is that we are total slackers. :lol:

Very nice! I look forward to meeting up with fellow fans. It was always fun in Washington DC, through WIRE or some other outlet. The times really have changed. I'll go check out the other threads as not to post irrelevant material here.

Back
Top Bottom