lights go down & all I know is that it sounds better than everything I wish i didn't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

voxson

The Fly
lights go down & all I know is that it sounds better than everything I wish i didn't

In the studio version of Vertigo Bono sings "everything I wish I dind't know" in the first and second chorus. He sings "lights go down and all I know" in the third chorus (which is also different later).

I know some people find things like that small and insignificant, but for me (and others) who have listened to U2 songs millions of times, some little details just stand out and become important.

In the live version of the song at BBC Bono sang "lights go down and all I know" in the 2 out of 3 choruses, and in the rehearsal the same day he sang it in all 3! And this sounds so much better, it's more melodic and suits better the pace of the song.... Did anybody else notice this?

Yeah, he does this from time to time. In HMTMKMKM, instead of "You don't have to unite love" etc, all he ever sang before any chorus was "it takes a crowd to cry"

Insignicant I think not.

Its great to still see a band as BAD ASS as them still trying to get it right.

BonoFox1 said:
It does not surprise me..You know Bono, always changing the lyrics....I find it intresting

Sometimes Bono adds lyrics.

Sometimes Bono changes lyrics.

Sometimes Bono forgets lyrics and butchers songs, yet some hardcore Bono-can-never-go-wrong fans try to ascribe some deeper meaning to this new word Bono just sang (instead of the correct word) or to Bono's allegedly intentional omission of an album lyrics. The B-man does forget some lyrics from time to time, and mixes them up from time to time.

Cheers,

J

Back
Top Bottom