* lift up my days, light up my nights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
Mysterious Ways was never a favoured U2 song of mine until I discovered the Slane Castle perforomance and the sound was transformed. That performance is now my most played U2 song...the stunning Edge guitar solo is one of my favourite musical moments.

Recently I decided to listen to my Sydney version and was blown away by Bono's extra falsetto verse at the end and I can't stop listening to it.

Does anyone have any great Mysterious Ways moments, or versions they would like to share? I am interested in versions with great solos or Bono bits.

This song can sound very "through the motions" if not done right but sometimes it really sizzles. I have listened to about 30 versions of it I imagine, but 22 of them are Vertigo performances. I personally like the Elevation Tour guitar solos but Bono's vocals at Zoo TV.

Haaanayways, move on this moment!

I always loved the version that they played on the MTV Zoo TV special in December of '92! The solo is brilliant as is Bono's falsetto!

However the ultimate live version I was present for was 4/20/01 in San Jose when Bono pulled this gorgeous blonde girl up and she danced so sexy that Bono was taken aback! Great live moment!

Reggie Thee Dog said:
However the ultimate live version I was present for was 4/20/01 in San Jose when Bono pulled this gorgeous blonde girl up and she danced so sexy that Bono was taken aback! Great live moment!

Yes, I was there for that! That's one of the most vivid memories I have of the show. It was a great live moment. :yes:

Got to agree, the version from the Zoo TV special was the best for me! They really should use that special as a DVD extra when they eventually bring ZOO TV live from Sydney out on DVD!!!

This was never one of my fave songs either.

However it my blew me away when they played it at manchester 1 last year. I was right in front of the left target and edge was walking around the target backwards playing the second solo, Bono was chasing him ad libbing vocals.

A truly amazing moment for me.

Personally I think the slane version is a little dull! though I have only seen it once, maybe I should have another look.

Zoo TV :drool:

I'm still looking for any videos of the Zoo TV versions of Mysterious Ways. If anyone wants to upload them to youtube or something. :wink:

Was never a favorite of mine either until fairly recently. The version on the Twickenham broadcast from 2005-06-18 blew me away, I think I had it on repeat for like 2 hours the first time I heard it. :crack: I love Edge's vocals and guitar on this one, the "skinny white boy" part, :lol: really like the vocals at the end too. :drool:

http://download.you sendit.com/4B6A32B517FF59F5

The Slane version is normal to the half way point but then The Edge sets fire to himself and Bono's daughter Eve joins him on stage and it seems to give him some extra energy.

Give it up for little Eve!

First thing to say: the quality on those is amazing, they sound almost lik soundboards (is the london one the radio 1 broadcast?). If anyone wants to post the full concerts of those ZooTV that would be mega cool.

I really like the extra verse in falsetto added at the end of ZooTV versions, up to now I like the Sydney version best because the falsetto is nailed but the other two aren't far behind.

Actually, could someone upload the Irving Plaza version? I have that show (the FM broadcast) but MW seems to be missing. It's track 12 right (inc interviews)?

Hi thelaj. the performace from
October 14, 1992, Outside Broadcast
– Bono makes a mistake and says I F---- It up and it amost sounds like it belong in the song and it is a tight performance.

Last edited:
u2fly1 said:
– Bono makes a mistake and says I F---- It up and it amost sounds like it belong in the song and it is a tight performance.

Actually he did that quite a few times, it wasn't a mistake. I've heard more than one version where he sings the "fuck it up" part.

http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/show792.html

October 14th, 1992 - Houston, Texas?

Never heard that show but my ZooTV collection is growing. I am gonna link to a couple of good ZooTV performances of the song.

I also find the remixes of MW quite dissappointing, with only the Zooromancer Mix being vaguely interesting.

u2fly1 said:

That is my favorite performance of MW (and UTEOTW). Band is really into it.

thelaj said:
The Slane version is normal to the half way point but then The Edge sets fire to himself and Bono's daughter Eve joins him on stage and it seems to give him some extra energy.

Give it up for little Eve!

I :heart: this version, it is so sweet the scene between father and daughter. It's one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom