Liam Gallagher rips U2 and the Stones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who allowed you guys out of the old folks home:wink:

You may now proceed to beat me with sticks...i have undergone heavy training to resist you...i will not go down easily:mad:

U2 aren't normal...is that a bad thing? Normal bands don't stick together for three decades :wink:

that Stones comment was much harsher, but I don't listen to the Stones really :shrug:

I'm seeing Oasis in a couple weeks :drool:

U2ITNOL said:
After all these years, this wanker still hasn't learned to keep his mouth shut.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breaking/story.asp?j=202794820&p=zxz795635&n=202795706

:laugh:

I feel bad for Bert. He went from being a musician with great potential to being a giant loser all in the blink of an eye.

Before
hp624-_bert.jpg

After
bert.gif

James Spader said:

I agree with that

I don't like to generalize, but sometimes I just think we geezers might be finding youngins these days a little....uh...dull on the whole because we live in a numbing realityshow-watching stuff-oriented society.
Youth can mean great enthusiasm energy and creativity, but since that huge generation of babyboomers mostly started spending their energy with personal financialplanning, vegetablejuicing for life extension and selling stuff to their offspring, subsequent life forms have gotten a little glazed-eyed...

cheers!

Thats why I love Oasis. U2 is not real normal if you think about it, and the Rolling Stones are about 90% crap.

Liam is just bitter that U2 and the Stones will go down in history as two of the best bands ever, and Oasis will probably just be an afterthought.

Sirus said:
Thats why I love Oasis. U2 is not real normal if you think about it, and the Rolling Stones are about 90% crap.

agreed.. Stones are crap!!! U2 are just too sophisticated for a simpleton such as Liam to handle.

LJT said:
Who allowed you guys out of the old folks home:wink:

You may now proceed to beat me with sticks...i have undergone heavy training to resist you...i will not go down easily:mad:

Yeah, yeah, you think you're so tough, but I'll tell you dearie, you don't know nuttin' about tough. You try to live in a geezer body and then you talk to me about tough! :grumpy:

:wink:

I've just read an extract from that interview and it's a bit different from what has been reported elsewhere:

He said: “They're the biggest bands in the world, without doubt. The Stones are big. They fill stadiums and they're in tune with the times. I respect them but their songs are a pile of billy goats gruff."

He also turned his attention to another rock juggernaut U2, saying they’re not a proper band: "As for U2, I don't understand what they're doing.
"They're not rock stars - for me, they don't say a lot. They don't seem like normal people, except for the drummer Larry Mullen, he's different gravy altogether."

Scroll down a bit

...I just thought that last bit was an important thing to mention. :larry:

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
Reading Liam's words about U2 almost make me as angry as Bono being snubbed by Maxim magazine and not being listed as one of their Top 25 short guys in the world!

hulk.jpg

:wink:

wait, who said the Stones are crap? I mean, I wish they would retire already, I really do fear ol Mick Jagger will collapse onstage from a heart attack or something, that can't be safe...

but gotta respect their old stuff..."paint it black"....woowowowow

and if Liam doesn't say anything negative, something's not right. He does it to get publicity for Oasis, which is a damn good band from time to time...I mean, when's the last time he's ever said something nice?

wait, who said the Stones are crap? I mean, I wish they would retire already, I really do fear ol Mick Jagger will collapse onstage from a heart attack or something, that can't be safe.

U2phan said:
wait, who said the Stones are crap? I mean, I wish they would retire already, I really do fear ol Mick Jagger will collapse onstage from a heart attack or something, that can't be safe.

I did.

Back
Top Bottom