Liam Gallagher rips U2 and the Stones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People still report this kind of stuff as news? It's become so predictable it's not even funny anymore. :shrug:

Oh yeah, and ATYCLB fornicated with all of your mothers last night. :rockon:

LOL it's typical Liam.
I am a college student, so I loathe Oasis and Wonderwall in the same way I loathe Stairway to Heaven, since I've heard it several thousand times this year from whiny, annoying open mic guitarists.

U2Man said:
This will cool everyone down:

passengers-bonoliam01.jpg

i think liam is having an allergic reaction to bono.

liam's tongue is either swollen or it's just simply ginormous.....

He does have a point though...as much as I love U2, I could hardly see Bono being "one of the guys" or whatever. And if Liam doesn't dig what U2 is doing right now, isn't that his perrogative? I mean... if you'd have interviewed me on the third leg of Elevation, I probably would have said the same thing... you don't have to like *everything* the band does.

T

GibsonGirl said:
Bono used to be so fucking cool. What happened?

If kissing Liam and wearing a lame hat is "cool", then, uh, I guess I prefer the "uncool" Bono any day. Hey, nothing wrong with kissing whomever he wants - but Liam? Nothing like associating with a hasbeen that makes one less cool. ;)

As for the comment... is that even an insult? To say, "they aren't, uh, normal" and "they don't say much" is about as lame of an insult as I've ever heard! In fact, I'd say he's spot on! U2 aren't "normal" - they never were. When U2 broke out in the 80's, they did it amidst artists like Boy George, George Michael, Michael Jackson (liked how I tied the last name-first name bit there? ;) ) and hair bands and one-hit album wonders. U2 stood for something that none of them did. In the early 90's, when grunge an Oasis dominated, U2 were a flashy band doing some of their most rocking songs and experimentation. Now in the 00's, we have a more stripped down version, which lets the music shine, which is probably U2's most accessible period. But they are still preaching about anti-war and poverty - not normal.

So yeah, thanks Liam. That's almost a compliment! :up:

Lancemc said:
People still report this kind of stuff as news? It's become so predictable it's not even funny anymore. :shrug:

Oh yeah, and ATYCLB fornicated with all of your mothers last night. :rockon:

somehow the combination of your avatar, your stated 'location', and that comment had me laughing for a long time! :up:

zoomerang said:

though i have a feeling with songs like vertigo, elevation and walk on, not even fire will burn those travesties out of my mind.

hey, you know what might help?!
NOT TALKING ABOUT IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER on these forums...
I pray you get some peace

:wink:

cheers all!

doctorwho said:

If kissing Liam and wearing a lame hat is "cool", then, uh, I guess I prefer the "uncool" Bono any day. Hey, nothing wrong with kissing whomever he wants - but Liam? Nothing like associating with a hasbeen that makes one less cool. ;)

It wasn't what he was doing in the picture that captivated me so. It was the time period in which the picture was taken.

WOW, LIAM GALLAGHER SAID SOMETHING DUMB, THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED, LET'S MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT

Agree with him in terms of the Stones. Their songs are crap and they are the most overrated piece of garbage in the history of rock music imho...

GibsonGirl said:

It wasn't what he was doing in the picture that captivated me so. It was the time period in which the picture was taken.

Then I still disagree.

I think the "Pop" era is Bono at his least cool. There's nothing I like about the image or what U2 were trying to promote then. Yeah, the music was O.K., and the concerts were great, but really, I wasn't a fan of that era.

To me, Bono at his "coolest" was the look he had during the JT/R&H era and then again with his AB era. His look now is cool too because he's "hip" while not trying to look young (with super long hair like some rockers out there).

But hey, if it works for you, then that's all that matters! :up:

I still think Liam's comments are pretty lame though. ;)

I think out of all of them Edge was the uncoolest during the Pop era, there was nothing cool about those cartoon like oversized cowboy hats.

But let's be honest how many "cool" 45 year olds are there?

BonoVoxSupastar said:
I think out of all of them Edge was the uncoolest during the Pop era, there was nothing cool about those cartoon like oversized cowboy hats.

But let's be honest how many "cool" 45 year olds are there?

being 40 myself, that answer might be different for me than for you:sexywink:
liam's gotta be getting up there by now too, no?

but seriously...I just watched my new 'best of' dvd and saw 1995-vintage bono in the video for miss sarajevo, where he looks just like that making-out-with-liam photo so I assume it was taken circa then...and that video, which I'd never seen before, is just gorgeous. And cool, I think.
Yeah, Liam, tis true that U2 aren't "normal"-- as people have said, they are extraordinary, and have been for as long as you've been around love!
He should consider himself himself lucky to have exchanged spit with one of them......:wink:
I'll listen to liam's new one, but he really ought to keep that big soggy tongue behind his teeth...:wink:

cheers!

ShellBeThere said:

being 40 myself, that answer might be different for me than for you:sexywink:
liam's gotta be getting up there by now too, no?

Well that's why I put it in quotes. I'm talking about society in general, especially someone GibsonGirl's age(and that's not an insult) you hit a certain age and it's almost impossible to still come off as "cool".

I'm more offended by what he said about the Rolling Stones...mostly I don't actually think he insulted U2...but i lovehow amazingly this somehow turned into a post 2000 bashing thread again :eyebrow:

Earnie Shavers said:

In reality, that's about 26.

Really? :huh:

Now that I'm a geezer I find most people under 30 to be the most boring twits imaginable. What kind of world do we live in that allows children to decide who and what is cool anyway? :eyebrow:

indra said:

Really? :huh:

Now that I'm a geezer I find most people under 30 to be the most boring twits imaginable. What kind of world do we live in that allows children to decide who and what is cool anyway? :eyebrow:

I had some enjoyable and interesting coworkers at my last job (one of whom posts here) who were in their 20's. However, these people were definitely the exceptions to the rule - and even some of them had, uh, "issues" (not the one who posts here).

At my new job, I have a 24-year old coworker who lives just a 1/2 block away. So I visited him. GOD! Most boring time ever! He's a real sweet kid. But half the time he's talking to his g/f apologizing to her for not missing her phone call, even though they just talked 15 minutes prior - and the other half I can't remember, I was too bored. When I left to go home for the night, he said there were more things he wanted to discuss and I replied, "yeah.... anyway, time to go home." My excitement of having a coworker be so close evaporated in less than 2 weeks.

So I agree, 20 somethings deciding what's cool? Please! I recall that age and I see them around me - they are still figuring out life and playing little games with each other. These people aren't the ones to guide anyone - I know I wasn't at that age.

Back
Top Bottom