Liam Gallagher Is At It Again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That one didn't work-maybe this one will(the vomit smiley's for them-not you btw
smile.gif
)
http://www.oa515.com/inter075.htm

I don't have time to read the article-but, um, nice language. But that's always been part of their schtick anyway. Gee-they have a ton of respect for women don't they?
rolleyes.gif

But people paid good money to see you...
Liam: We're not U2, INXS or Simple Minds! Those ***** are so in it for the money they'll carry on whatever

icon23.gif

After reading the Q article and having read previous quotes from both Gallaghers, I've come to this conclusion:

Liam and Noel both talk like they are talking shit, but you never know what they may really feel. I would have to say that from what I read, that Liam disapproves with U2's choice to keep playing US shows rather than Bono cancel some shows to be with his dad. But at the same time, he enjoys U2's music and their live shows as well. Just because Liam or Noel make a dig at a personal choice made by U2, doesn't mean they don't like them or respect them. Everyone has friends that do things we don't agree with. It's the same here. Liam is just saying he would forget about the shows and go be with his dad, because that is what is more important to him.

Of course they have to get some people's attention by saying stuff like they do, that's the way they do business. Every band does something to grab attention. Radiohead acts like they don't care and that is their thing. U2 says they want to be the best band in the world. Oasis says they are the greatest and forget about everyone else.

So lets not get all upset over Liam making a dig at Bono or U2. I'm sure Bono isn't on the phone cussing Liam out right now because of what he said. So there is no reason to trash talk Oasis for what Liam said.

------------------
"I swore to my father I'd never do hamster-style again."

"looking for the sound thats gonna drown out the world
looking for the father of my two little girls
got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade
looking for the face i had before the world was made." - MOFO

Originally posted by PopFly:
Liam is just spouting off, as usual.
My favourite memory of him was during Oasis Behind the Music, when he was so incoherent that he needed subtitles, despite the fact that he was speaking English. Plus, he prefaces EVERY SINGLE STATEMENT with "D'you know what I mean?"

dude, my roomie and i were watching that and i near peed in my pants when the subtitles came on. fucking hilarious. d'ya know what i mean?

Liam is just spouting off, as usual.
My favourite memory of him was during Oasis Behind the Music, when he was so incoherent that he needed subtitles, despite the fact that he was speaking English. Plus, he prefaces EVERY SINGLE STATEMENT with "D'you know what I mean?"

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I don't think that he really believes what he is saying. I think it's more of a publicity stunt to get some attention. They seem to like shock value.

how come some of you who are ripping Liam right here for saying how great Oasis is, never rip Bono for boasting about how great U2 is? just because he is more eloquent about it, it's any different?!? you praise Bono for his confidence and with Liam it's "arrogance," even though most of this feels like he's just saying the absolute most absurd thing he can think up to generate media attention (he's always has done this).

Originally posted by The Wanderer:
how come some of you who are ripping Liam right here for saying how great Oasis is, never rip Bono for boasting about how great U2 is? just because he is more eloquent about it, it's any different?!? you praise Bono for his confidence and with Liam it's "arrogance," even though most of this feels like he's just saying the absolute most absurd thing he can think up to generate media attention (he's always has done this).

It definitely has a LOT to do with how it is stated.

I admit, sometimes I cringe when Bono speaks. I shudder when he starts to overly praise U2. But when he does, he's not slamming other bands - in fact, he often does the reverse. He will praise other bands and claim how he is honored to be in their presence. This allows me to accept his self-praise more readily.

In contrast, there's Liam ripping into everyone for no apparent reason. If he wanted to proclaim how great Oasis is, that's fine. I'd disagree, but I wouldn't have a problem with his self-view. I do think people need to be a bit arrogant in order to succeed. But when he tears down other artists to build up himself, then that proves he is vastly insecure. No truly talented person needs to insult another to feel better about his/herself.

Also, I hypothesize that many of us feel that Bono has earned the right to gush over U2. 14 Grammy's, numerous other awards, over 100 million albums sold worldwide, their longevity (to have multi-platinum selling albums in 3 decades) - they have proven themselves time and time again. Yes, there are people who dislike U2, but that hardly detracts from the enormous success U2 has enjoyed, both critically and commercially. In contrast, Oasis hasn't existed long enough or has succeeded enough to claim themselves the "best" of anything. If this was Mick Jagger talking, then you might let him slide as clearly the Stones are still turning heads 40 years after they started. But Liam has nowhere near this type of critical or commercial success nor does he have the longevity to back up his claims.

Bono always says they're applying for position of the best band in the world again.
That in itself means that Bono doesn't think they're the best at the moment, that they have to work for it. Bono never in interviews says this and then proceeds to knock down fellow musicians with such ingornant arrogant comments like naming bands and saying they're in it for the money, or no one is good enough to string Edge's guitar.

Sure they took pot shots at boy bands, but who hasnt?

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom